Contributor

White House Christmas 2017 on HGTV is on Dec 10 at 6p/ 5c

I saw a thread that people were asking about this.  Saw online and checked THE HGTV site.  I have seen ( or tried to) all the previous shows.  I marvel at the time and effort to do all the decorations, then look at my humble abode....it does take me more than 3 days, I tweak a lot.  

Valued Contributor

Re: White House Christmas 2017 on HGTV is on Dec 10 at 6p/ 5c

@Zukie wrote:

I saw a thread that people were asking about this.  Saw online and checked THE HGTV site.  I have seen ( or tried to) all the previous shows.  I marvel at the time and effort to do all the decorations, then look at my humble abode....it does take me more than 3 days, I tweak a lot.  

Thank you SO MUCH, @Zukie!!!!  I've been checking the site and had just about given up.  I thought they wouldn't have it.  The trees are so beautiful every year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Zukie wrote:

Thanks for posting the info, @Zukie!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zukie

Thanks for the information.

What I have been looking for and don't see is the program where all the volunteers are there and they show room by room how they pick the theme and choose the decorations.

I'm sure it was more  than an hour show.

Anyone remember what I am talking about?

Thanks Jamma

edited for typo

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Zukie, I will be recording it! 

Respected Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@Zukie

Thanks for the information.

What I have been looking for and don't see is the program where all the volunteers are there and they show room by room how they pick the theme and choose the decorations.

I'm sure it was more  than an hour show.

Anyone remember what I am talking about?

Thanks Jamma

edited for typo

That is the White House decorating show that I had in mind when I started this post.   

I can't remember the name of the HGTV host who starred when they first began running the show but I remember they later replaced her with Genevieve Gordor.    

I always preferred the original host.  

I do believe the show then ran two hours long.  

Those were the days when HGTV was at it's finest.  

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl

Thanks for answering I always enjoyed that show so much.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Just finished watching, and just like every year, the volunteers do an amazing job.  I wish HGTV would publish a book of pictures from their WH Christmas tours.  

Honored Contributor

anyone know if it will be back on ? Like to see what the new team did with the place. LOL

Honored Contributor

I watched half of it and taped the rest... I'm glad they do the show, but honestly wish they'd spend more time showing us the details of the final product and less time on the 'behind the scenes'. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...