Honored Contributor

Re: Which Music Group Would You Most Like To See Now?

[ Edited ]

This one is no longer possible, but I wish I had seen Pink Floyd in their day.  No, I was not aware of them when they were popular, but I've been captivated by "Another Brick in the Wall," which I heard rather late in the game. 

However, on the way to work about four years ago, I heard, for the first time, "Comfortably Numb" and was stunned by it.  Brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTseTg48568

Esteemed Contributor

The Rolling Stones

Respected Contributor

@golding76  Luv, luv, luv Broooce!  DH was in music business and we worked his shows in London at Wembley - I had never heard of him but when he came on stage wow I was gone.  He is the nicest person you really get to know someone when you work long hours/shows- he is a smashing bloke as we say in U.K.

Respected Contributor

@manhattan1950  I was there too - loved Guns & Roses too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dulwich,

So glad you got online before I got off for a bit.  

What lovely news that Bruce is a good guy.  He shows who he is, though, I think.  For one of his shows, we were only seven rows from him, but what we did not realize when we bought the tickets was that we were behind him and the E Street Band.

Bruce would turn around every so often to make certain the folks behind him got to see his face a sufficient amount of time.  He'd even make funny (in a good sense) faces to make us laugh at our situation.

HOW ABOUT PINK FLOYD?  Now really make me jealous and tell me you saw them in concert. 

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess  Yes Queen are touring with Adam Lambert.My tickets, here in Northern CA are for July - go online put in Queen tour 2019 dates, places will come up.  

Respected Contributor

@golding76  Been there, done that!  The Floyd when we saw them were not then famous enough to appear at Wembley - we saw them at clubs, pubs, etc early on.  I believe Nick Mason - drummer and co founder with Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd started his own group called Saucerful of Secrets in 2018 and is on tour!

Cannot keep an old rocker down.  Remember The Wall, Another brick in the Wall, Dark sude of the Moon etc. etc.

Honored Contributor

Dulwich, oh I just knew you had to have experienced that group.  You were so lucky.

We old rockers never die!  We want to be ecstatic at our next concert.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@ECBG I've seen just about everybody out there - Probably twice. 

I thougt it woud be good to go see the Stones again so I priced out the tickets - Foxboro Stadium- $1250 each! Glad I saw them when I did...

The only groups/act's i havent seen that I would liketo see - Clapton- just never made it to a show and also the Eagles. Now that Glen Frey is gone I'm not sure what they're doing.  

I am heading to a Chris Botti show in April- Looking forward to that and I just saw Boz Scaggs.  He is in his 70's and sounds better than ever! He did not miss a beat.  I think he was one of the best artists I've seen in a long time! 

@JtdmumWe saw the Eagles about three years ago.  They were excellent!Smiley Happy

A few months ago I took my DIL to see Sarah McLachlan.  Fabulous!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Fleetwood Mac