Esteemed Contributor

Where is our thread, Daysies?

I cannot find thread from 11/07.  It doesn't even say moved.  I will be starting the new one this evening. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Where is our thread, Daysies?

Maybe it was in the wrong forum ?

People in the Kitchen forum constantly post threads that I go "what"?

Think they just like to start threads everywhere so they can boost their inflated egos.

Esteemed Contributor

It was here all week until yesterday.  We had over 100 replies.  My own replies have been removed from my profile as if the thread never existed.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick, someone freaked out over my safety pin avatar.  Said something to me that can never be unsaid and I will not be posting anymore on the DAYS thread.

I initially didn't even explain it.  I pointed out that when that person posted a celebratory gif I did not criticize it or even comment on it.  But my safety pin was attacked and once attacked I did explain. 

It's only a safety pin.  I didn't burn the country down. 

It was only a few posts, when I left it at 6 p.m.  I've never seen a thread disappear without even a word from the mods.  Over a safety pin which represents tolerance, in a setting where my views were not tolerated and I was attacked by someone who I thought incapable of such vitriol but I was wrong.

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching Days since almost the beginnng.  I've loved reading the Days thread here for several years but have never commented.  I noticed last night that there were some heated comments about the events of this past week.  I guess it was completely poofed.  =(  Thanks for always starting the thread Mamawick. =)

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - my  replies have been removed from my profile too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackson08 wrote:

I've been watching Days since almost the beginnng.  I've loved reading the Days thread here for several years but have never commented.  I noticed last night that there were some heated comments about the events of this past week.  I guess it was completely poofed.  =(  Thanks for always starting the thread Mamawick. =)

@MamaWick, I identify with @Jackson08. I've commented a couple times, though. I read all the comments that led up to this thread being taken down. The reality is that because of different views of the past weeks events, a friendship that I've followed and admired for a long time, may not survive. I hope I'm wrong. We may not always agree, but we all deserve to have our views respected. Life goes on, and this, too, shall pass.

ETA...@MamaWick, thank you for this thread, and I hope it continues.

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

This world would be so boring if we all thought alike.  Our best friends are the total opposite of us politically, yet our friendship thrives because we respect each other's right to have an opinion that is different from ours.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori   This is the first I'm hearing/seeing about all of this.  I just got here.  I can't believe what I'm reading.

Lori - please don't let one person spoil it for you.  We are still here and whoever that is, will be gone.  Is she a regular??  

You have to be bigger than she is and not let her win.  It's all of us against her, right???  Stay and show her you're the bigger person.  Just ignore....