Valued Contributor

Not sure I spelled her last name right, but the question about Ashley Banfield reminded me that she (Laurie) suddenly "disappeared" from news a few years ago.. I did see her in an infomercial once. I thought Laurie was so pretty and seem to do a great job as newscaster.  Makes you wonder what happened.

Trusted Contributor

I don't remember exactly why she left Fox. Might have been her own decision. She has since gone into treatment for drinking. She was one of the people that sued O'Reilly for harassement at some point.

Honored Contributor

Laurie Dhue, the news anchor from channel 5, settled suits with Bill O'Reilly and the late Roger Ailes over sexual harassment. She is writing a book about it. She also publicly admitted to a 15 year battle with alcholism. I watched her all the time and miss her on Fox.

Honored Contributor

Another anchor I remember seeing all the time during the O.J. Simpson trial had the first name of Rita. I thought she would become a major host but she dropped off the radar. I can't even recall her last name. Might have been Wilson.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG: I believe her last name is Crosby.

Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@AuntG: I believe her last name is Crosby.

@Foolywooly11@AuntG. Yes, her name is Rita Crosby. Rita Wilson is Tom Hanks wife and an actress.

Trusted Contributor

Rita Crosby is doing a radio show with Curtis Sliwa in NYC. WABC radio

Honored Contributor

@AuntG,

Rita Cosby,

I remember her from Fox and then MSNBC.