Esteemed Contributor

Her show on HLN suddenly and without warning, left the channel. I searched her name on line and nothing current showed. Anyone know?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: Where is Ashley Banfield?

[ Edited ]

HLN recently axed all but one 'live' news show. Robin Meade is the only one left. Apparently the ratings were down for those kinds of programs.

Maybe some of them will have their own podcast or something similar one day.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

HLN recently axed all but one 'live' news show. Robin Meade is the only one left. Apparently the ratings were down for those kinds of programs.

I'm guessing they had non-compete clauses and have to stay off the air for a certain amount of time. I think you'll see Ms. Banfield and the others on other networks after that time is over.

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm guessing they had non-compete clauses and have to stay off the air for a certain amount of time. I think you'll see Ms. Banfield and the others on other networks after that time is over.

According to a report I saw, she was fired along with a few others. Non-compete clauses typically don't apply if you're fired, only if you leave voluntarily. It sounds like they parted amicably, so she's likely free to sign elsewhere. Her big issues will be her age, and a smallish built-in audience. She was the "hot" name in broadcasting back around 9/11, but has cooled off substantially since then. I like her and think she's very good, but the reality of TV is she's not likely highly sought after by other networks.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I like her on-air personality and style, and hope she is soon back at a new network.

Respected Contributor

HLN also cancelled Michaela’s show.

Trusted Contributor

She did act as fill in host on LivePD a while ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Abrams find something for her to do. He has a new network that's a replacement for Court TV online,Law & Crime. Not sure if he's trying to get it on cable channels or not. He has quite the media empire going.

Honored Contributor

HLN axed the whole line up, except for Robin Meade. I'm sure they all got very nice buy out packages and one or two will resurface somewhere esle eventually.