Honored Contributor

Re: Where are all the Beautiful Dresses (Emmys) tonight??

@LTT1 wrote:

Jamie Alexander's dress was my fave... she is the star of the new TV show "Blindspot" starting tonight. Armani Prive dress...

Ooh ooh!  I loved that one, too!  I had no idea who this young lady was but I sure did love her dress.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh please... there are thousands of women and men of all races trying to succeed in show business. Roles are limited for all of them... I wonder, based on percentages of population, how casting of prime time television stacks up. I'd guess it's actually not as unfavorable as some seem to want to think. 

Do you live in the whitest community in America? Unless you do, I can't even imagine how you've not noticed how few Asians, Hispanics, Indians, etc  are on television vs how many there are everywhere else. My community is full of people of all shades, but on TV it's rare to see an Asian who doesn't own a Chinese restaurant or a laundry, a Hispanic who isn't a maid or a janitor, or an Indian who isn't in IT or customer service. The only shows that offer a picture of diversity that looks like real life are usually cop shows.

No, I don't. As a matter of fact, I live in DC, which is hardly an all white city... That said, I also don't watch TV from the 1980's. Do you? Because if you don't I don't see how you could manage not to see the significant diversity of casts and guest players on TV today and the varied parts they play. Of course, I don't sit and count and then categorize by the type of roles or characters those actors are playing. I'd posit that those who do might just be looking for reasons to feel one down... Seemingly an all too common phenomenon...

But regardless, most of the ladies on the thread wanted to talk about the dresses, so I won't derail their thread further... As for those dresses... and hair and jewelry... and make-up... Wow, hardly any reason to be wowed. I didn't really see anyone that I thought looked particularly 'glam'. Clearly, this wasn't the Oscars or the Tonys... Heck, in fact, the ladies at the Daytime Emmys were more pulled together than this bunch!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I wish they had showed more of the dresses and overall looks during the E! Red Carpet show.  I saw a number of dresses that I thought were quite beautiful and women who were well-styled.  Saw much more of all in the photos that were posted online.  That Armani Prive sequined dress was spectacular.  I'm surprised that poor woman didn't pass out from the heat in the long sleeves. I don't think it was meant as a Summer dress.  Allison Janney looked wonderful as always as some of you have already said.  She is a classy lady.  Everyone seemed to be suffering in the heat.  Who looks their best at 100 degrees F?  I would have been dripping sweat.

Looking forward to the Fashion Police show tonight to see what the "pros" have to say.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Heidi Klum's dress was the worst!  Oh, my!  I love Heidi - she is a doll, so pretty and just adorable.  But that dress was so horrible!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

No real stand outs.  Most of the dresses were not attractive. Sofia Vegaro wears the same dress to every occasion just different color. She always looks good but would like to see her change it up.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

image.jpg

What??? Emmy's?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Katcat1

image.jpg

What??? Emmy's?

This hoodie was better than most of the dresses! If I remember correctly, she was chewing gum too!  ha!  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength