Honored Contributor

Where Were You When You Heard This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThTplavLL7w

Any memories surrounding this song?

I have SO many!

I was in college, wanting to date someone I knew who was two years younger, but very mature and interesting.  During HS, he always hung around with my friends and I at the pool in the summers.  He was working on his black belt in karate his junior and senior years.  (After he finished his education, he joined the special forces).

He never called me in HS or when I went to college, or came to see me an hour and a half away.  There were no calls during breaks or holidays.

When I went with my girl friends to our HS reunion, (they had put three years together), he talked to me there and told me I had been the "girl of his dreams.").  I had gotten him those summers and taken him over to my best friend's (the same girls I was at the reunion with) and he still remembered.

I gave him so many chances.  With a statement like that I thought "what am I supposed to do with that?

I told him that I was pleased he was "happy" and I was happy, which I am in the perfect place.

I guess he was just too shy.

Valued Contributor

Re: Where Were You When You Heard This?

Probably 71 or 72 for this song.  I was a junior in HS. No guys involved with this song...LOL. this is just good music.

Honored Contributor

Re: Where Were You When You Heard This?

I was probably in the 3rd or 4th grade.