Honored Contributor

I’m the OP, I do hope some comments don’t get this thread shut down. I only wanted to alert others of what an excellent and compelling series this was.

Honored Contributor

I got an email from Netflix, a show with Oprah interviewing the five men is available for viewing. I'm going to try to watch it, I would be interested in what they have to say.

Honored Contributor

I watched the Oprah Winfrey When They See Us Now interview. The first half hour had members of the cast the second half hour were with the five men. Antron and Korey seem to be struggling the most out of the five. I feel so sorry for Korey, he seems so lost. If you found the series interesting, you should see this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When They See Us (New)

[ Edited ]

I wish I had taken note of where I saw the following news earlier today.  Police detectives and prosecutors are saying the Netflix movie is a lie and they indeed have proof the five were guilty.   Hopefully by going back to what I watched I'll find it and be able to give out more info.

UPDATE 12:07 AM:  The article is in the New York Post, June 29, 2019.  It states that Detective Eric Reynolds who busted Raymond Santana and Kevin Richardson both 14 claims Ava Du Vernay's "How They See Us" is inflammatory.  He claims it falsely depicts the defendants as innocent bystanders rather than a part of the pack of more than 30 young men who were "wilding" Central Park on April 19, 1989.

He asks, please someone, show me the pictures of them, show me the injuries, show me the black eyes, show me the swollen faces because every one of them that came out of the precinct had none of that.

He insists there is forensics evidence showing the youths were  involved in the attack despite the confession by serial rapist Matias Reyes.  I guess we will be hearing more on the subject.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I watched the Oprah Winfrey When They See Us Now interview. The first half hour had members of the cast the second half hour were with the five men. Antron and Korey seem to be struggling the most out of the five. I feel so sorry for Korey, he seems so lost. If you found the series interesting, you should see this.

@Jordan2  Did you see my article regarding the detective who claims the movie was all lies?  I saw the movie and I have to tell you, I was devastated by what I saw.  The actors did a fantastic job.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  No I didn’t get a chance to read the article, I will try.

Esteemed Contributor

Any comments about the following? 

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I wish I had taken note of where I saw the following news earlier today.  Police detectives and prosecutors are saying the Netflix movie is a lie and they indeed have proof the five were guilty.   Hopefully by going back to what I watched I'll find it and be able to give out more info.

UPDATE 12:07 AM:  The article is in the New York Post, June 29, 2019.  It states that Detective Eric Reynolds who busted Raymond Santana and Kevin Richardson both 14 claims Ava Du Vernay's "How They See Us" is inflammatory.  He claims it falsely depicts the defendants as innocent bystanders rather than a part of the pack of more than 30 young men who were "wilding" Central Park on April 19, 1989.

He asks, please someone, show me the pictures of them, show me the injuries, show me the black eyes, show me the swollen faces because every one of them that came out of the precinct had none of that.

He insists there is forensics evidence showing the youths were  involved in the attack despite the confession by serial rapist Matias Reyes.  I guess we will be hearing more on the subject.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Any comments about the following? 

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

The 5 young men were convicted for rape for which there was no evidence. If there had been any evidence to the contrary that these naysayers say there is, would the 5 have recieved 41 MILLION dollars from NYC for wrongful conviction approved by a Federal judge?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604...According to the detective there were no marks on the boys after their interrogation with the police and insists there is forensic evidence proving they were involved.  I am not arguing the situation,  I just wrote what he stated, whether any of it is true I certainly don't know.  You brought up a good point but it really does not prove anything one way or the other.  We would be amazed at how many mistakes were made in criminal cases.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

Have you read Ann Coulter's take on all this? Look up Ann Coulters CENTRAL PARK RAPISTS. There's a few articles she wrote. It makes you wonder!

"While it blows most people away to find out that none of the suspects' DNA was found on Meili, this is a sleight of hand. The trick is that we're looking at it through a modern lens. True, today, these kids' DNA would have been found all over the crime scene. But in 1989, DNA was a primitive science. Cops wouldn't have even bothered collecting samples for DNA tests back then. 

The case was solved with other evidence -- and there was a lot of it." 

I'm signing off..have a list of things to get done. Smiley Happy