Honored Contributor

Re: When Calls the Heart Christmas

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They're punting on the LL situation until her trial.  Once they see what happens there, they will make a final decision on her character once and for all.

If she is acquited, I would not be surprised if they go on hiatus and add her back in just like they cut her out.  Or at the very least, have her come in at the very end as a surprise that she's back.  If she goes to jail, we will see her in Season 8, after her apology tour.

I hope they never bring her back. I've never liked her in anything. Something about her has always rubbed me the wrong way. That said, they need to bring in someone to help round out the cast. As simplistic as this show is, just about anyone would do and they need not portray the same character. Certainly, LL was no great bastion of acting talent, so virtually any of the other Hallmark stable of non-ingenue type actresses would work. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
I forgot and wonder if it will air again?

@Twins Mom 

I just rewatched it. I have Comcast cable. It's available XFINITY ON DEMAND. I picked TV shows. Then By Network. Choose Hallmark Channel. Then you will see the option of When Calls The Heart. HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I sort of agree with @VaBelle35. It wasn't awful but it did veer toward the tedious. I have no interest in seeing Loughlin back, but they do need to do something because my personal opinion is that the Elizabeth character, (and her portrayer), can't really carry the show. I can't get real worked up about whether she chooses the new mountie or Lucas, but I wouldn't have to think twice. Lucas for me... I also find the mountie's little sister somewhat annoying... The show was 'pleasant' but that's about as far as it goes...

I agree about Elizabeth, both she and her portrayer.  Now whether that's the character and the way she's written or Erik Krakow, I don't know, but I'm thinking it's EK.   Also agree about Lucas.  No question.  And why do they both fall for Elizabeth?  Why is she such a catch.  The cute little switchboard operator, Fiona, seems to be available, yet no one looks at her?  Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

When Calls the Heart Christmas

This seems like a pleasant enough series, but I could never get past the modern makeup and hair and the costumes that don't fit the period.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I sort of agree with @VaBelle35. It wasn't awful but it did veer toward the tedious. I have no interest in seeing Loughlin back, but they do need to do something because my personal opinion is that the Elizabeth character, (and her portrayer), can't really carry the show. I can't get real worked up about whether she chooses the new mountie or Lucas, but I wouldn't have to think twice. Lucas for me... I also find the mountie's little sister somewhat annoying... The show was 'pleasant' but that's about as far as it goes...

I agree about Elizabeth, both she and her portrayer.  Now whether that's the character and the way she's written or Erik Krakow, I don't know, but I'm thinking it's EK.   Also agree about Lucas.  No question.  And why do they both fall for Elizabeth?  Why is she such a catch.  The cute little switchboard operator, Fiona, seems to be available, yet no one looks at her?  Woman LOL

So true @Wsmom... FIona's pretty and seems very sweet... Elizabeth's hold on these guys, I just don't get... And for such a devoted mother, she's always passing the kid off on somebody... Krakow has yet to impress me in anything she's starred in, least of all this show... 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They're punting on the LL situation until her trial.  Once they see what happens there, they will make a final decision on her character once and for all.

If she is acquited, I would not be surprised if they go on hiatus and add her back in just like they cut her out.  Or at the very least, have her come in at the very end as a surprise that she's back.  If she goes to jail, we will see her in Season 8, after her apology tour.

The thing is, no matter how her day in court goes down, nor how earnest her fake apology tour might seem, the public pretty much knows what she did and I don't think too many are going to believe she didn't know exactly what she was doing. I think her wholesome image is pretty much tarnished for the duration, but if Hallmark wants to take a chance on her that's surely up to them. They might do better to cast her in wicked step sister roles here on out if they choose to bring her back...

Honored Contributor

Hallmark took Martha Stewart right out of jail.

Michael Landon Jr is no saint.  He is all about forgiveness and second chances as is Brian Byrd, the creators and producers of the show.

She will be back.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Michael Landon Jr is no saint.  He is all about forgiveness and second chances as is Brian Byrd, the creators and producers of the show.

She will be back.

And yet of course Martha never painted herself as prim, proper, sweetness and light... 

As for Loughlin, I guess we'll see... But one thing I can say with certainty and that is if they do opt to bring her back, I won't be watching... 

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

She will be back.

And yet of course Martha never painted herself as prim, proper, sweetness and light... 

As for Loughlin, I guess we'll see... But one thing I can say with certainty and that is if they do opt to bring her back, I won't be watching... 

Smiley Wink

The head of programming, Michelle Vickery, posted a happy birthday message to LL on her birthday a couple of months ago.  I felt this was a trial balloon to test the waters to see if the anger had subsided.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Did they mention Loughlins character in Christmas show?  She had a very prominent role in show.