Super Contributor

When Calls the Heart - Abigail

Someone brought up in an earlier post that perhaps Abigail would be returning as the name had been mentioned several times in recent shows.

In last night's show, Ned and Henry had an exchange that revealed that Henry and Abigail had been exchanging correspondence. Henry also said something about looking out his window and seeing the name on the restaurant.

Seems to me that maybe next season, Abigail [Lori Laughlin] may just be back. 

Respected Contributor

Re: When Calls the Heart - Abigail

That would be great. Love the show

Respected Contributor

I just wish they would air the show earlier. I had to fight to stay awake last season when it started at 8 pm and off at 9 pm. Would never make it past then. Maybe they'll do another marathon like they did before adding this new season. Would like the return of Abigail, also.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't hack Lori Laughlin before and I certainly don't like her any better now. That said, this show has grown so tedious I stopped watching, so don't really care what they do with it. The whole focus on 'who will she choose' has now been dragged out for two seasons and frankly my dear, I don't give a rat's back side... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Couldn't hack Lori Laughlin before and I certainly don't like her any better now. That said, this show has grown so tedious I stopped watching, so don't really care what they do with it. The whole focus on 'who will she choose' has now been dragged out for two seasons and frankly my dear, I don't give a rat's back side... 

@stevieb, ditto to all you wrote.  DH and I have been watching since it started.  He records it and I told him he can watch it when he wants to.  I, too, am tiring of the who will she choose storyline.

If they bring Laughlin back, I doubt he'll continue to watch. 

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1  If they want Abigail back in the mix, they should consider a recast. More to the point, they could better develop and more fully use some of the female characters they already have or bring in someone completely new... As for Elizabeth and her choice of men, she's actually a pretty boring character and whoever she doesn't choose is probably better off... 

Respected Contributor

I would not want to see Lori again in that or any role. She cheated because she could. 

It always struck me funny that she played such a "goody two-shoes" on the show while she was actually a committing a crime. 

I got tired of the show anyway, but I liked it at first. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WildDunes , I thought the same thing with them bringing Abigail up.

As far as the comments about Elizabeth and her indecision, agreed...so over it.  The girl is as boring as they come and there are so many other choices.  I would love to see Lucas move on to Fiona.  i think they would be a great match.  Another WCTH thread I was reading somewhere was saying the same things, everybody is over Elizabeth, and one comment was how about Fiona with Nathan, and that those actors are actually a couple IRL.

Honored Contributor

The show has always been typical Hallmark sweetness and light but in recent seasons it simply became too bland. Krakow has done well with Hallmark because in my view she's not a particularly talented actress and yet she's featured heavily by the network. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's simply that the writers for this show have failed to develop the Elizabeth character in any meaningful way. I suspect it's a little of both. Of her suitors, the only one for me would be Lucas. I don't find the Nathan character (or his sister) likable or appealing and although it's really not the point, don't find the actor appealing either.

Trusted Contributor

I don't watch the show but I watch a good deal of the Hallmark channel shows. Just based on their never-ending promos I'M sick of the "who will she choose" storyline. Sheesh!

I guess there's a serious shortage of single women in the woods. I was hoping I'd see a promo that says they both dumped her.  Woman Wink