Honored Contributor

Whats with the Vigourous toothbrushing?!

I'll never forget the awful super vigourous brushing of the teeth in Big Little Lies-Nicole Kidman brushing and brushing while pacing and all the while her mouth is closed and just keeps on brushing back and forth as fast as she can. I thought who brushes their teeth like that?!!

Then watching the Undoing she is doing it again all the while walking back and forth, pulling out outfits and attacking her teeth-its really loud too.

Both of these were directed by David E Kelley. He must think it creates a "normalcy" to upcoming suspense and crime. Its like a trademark direction of his.

Ok yeah, I know I have no life to notice things like this or post about them but it is so annoying

And yeah I have a lot more to be annoyed about than this but its the little things you know that you really can notice and think this is so bizarre.

Ok, that's about it!😁

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats with the Vigourous toothbrushing?!

good morning!  i have no life,either....and today i'm annoyed with a candle order i placed last night....to take advantage of a $10 off sale....less than 24 hours later their sale is $25 off.....really?  

Respected Contributor

it is acting.  An effort to display confusion or deep in thought.

If you have toothpaste on your brush it foams and drips. You can't walk around doing other things IRL

Honored Contributor

guess it is her signature... an actress always like to  be remembered for somethingSmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@nana59.

That IS so annoying!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I don't think caps turn yellow or stain

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

guess it is her signature... an actress always like to  be remembered for somethingSmiley Wink

@phoenixbrd,haha That would be pitiful wouldn't it? To be remembered for that😐

Trusted Contributor

@on the bay  It's funny, but I noticed that too, just within the past couple of weeks or so.  I don't remember what I was watching, though.  I just remember thinking how in scenes where an character is brushing his/her teeth, it's such HARD brushing.  

I can't remember if it was always like that, or what.

Very weird, but you're not alone in noticing it.

Honored Contributor

The one I can't get over is One Fine Day. Michelle Pfeiffer is having a first date with George Clooney. We see her in the bathroom getting ready. She's brushing her TONGUE like there's no tomorrow. I really didn't want to see her tongue or her brushing it.

Honored Contributor

I tend to agree with all of that, @on the bay , but even more, many of these characters could easily afford electric toothbrushes but you never see those in film. I find that unrealistic, which then moves on to being annoying.

I can't imagine sound is the issue, since a good one isn't noisy.

Next meeting of Annoyed Humans, Anonymous to be scheduled.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.