Honored Contributor

Re: What were or still may be your favorite past series?

I liked McMillan and Wife, Remington Steele, Hill Street Blues, Adam-12, Emergency, Quincy ME, Bonanza, Wild Kingdom, Quantum Leap, House, and Castle.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Waltons

Boston Legal

Picket Fences

The Wonder Years (the original)

Dallas

Dynasty

Castle

Comedies:

All in the Family

The Jeffersons

Murphy Brown

Mary Tyler More

Laverne & Shirley

Andy Griffin

The Golden Girls

Seinfeld

Soap

Frasier

Honored Contributor

I own West Wing and Centennial, and googled most popular series got 2 more ideas there so far.  Big Little Lies & The Newsroom.  (Love Aaron Sorkin stuff).  

Thanks one and all, got some I can move on now. Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

My favorite show of all times--the original Avengers!!  (My husband loved the Man From Uncle).

The AVENGERS (British TV Series) Stay Tuned Magazine Volume 2 Issue #1 -  Doctor Who Store

Respected Contributor

I posted earlier saying I was going way back in time to the 70's with a show that I liked called "Family." But now I'm gonna go waaaaay, waaaaay, waaaaay back...like back to another place and time. Anyone else out there a huge Captain Kagaroo fan like me? LOL!!!

Below left to right: Dancing Bear, Mr. Moose, Mr. Green Jeans, Bunny Rabbit, and Captain Kangaroo. What a trip back in time.....to a happy, happy time for me.

From the Archives: Bob Keeshan, 76; Entertained Millions as TV's Captain  Kangaroo – Hartford Courant

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

N ip Tuck, it mesmerized me!!

That was such a great show!  I didn't even discover it until after it ended and watched it somewhere (Netflix?).  I liked it so much I purchased the disks.  So different, weird, and interesting.  Smiley Happy

Some of my favorite bygone shows are sitcoms like Scrubs and Rules of Engagement.  I still record the reruns all the time and they are some of my evening, relaxing time. viewing each day.

One show that I truly fell in love with that ended probably some 15 years ago (another one I didn't discover until after the fact) is 'Las Vegas'.   NOT 'Vegas', but Las Vegas, starring James Caan and several other really good actors.  In the last season Caan was replaced with Selleck.    He is a good actor, of course, but I did prefer the previous 4 seasons with Caan.  He seemed to 'fit' better.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Awww, I remember watching Captian Kangaroo and Mr. Green Jeans.  Hey, Gene London just popped into my head.  Anyone remember watching his show?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

La Femme Nikita - 1997

The Prisoner - 1967

Highlander  ( abt the Immortals with Adrian Paul )   1992

Dexter

China Beach

The Tudors

Versailles - 2015

The Vikings - 2013

Yellow Jackets

Honored Contributor

Oh, I forgot about Dexter!  One of my all time favorite shows.  

Honored Contributor

Northern Exposure was very good. Another one I liked was called Providence. Desperate Housewives was good too.