Super Contributor

I was late to the Downton Abbey craze, but watched the entire series throughout Januaryvwhile recovering from back surgery. Next i watched the Upstairs Downstairs series from 2010 followed by Victoria. Currently i am watching "Lark Rise to Candleford". However Amazon Prime only has the first four seasons and while i hate for it to end, i will not pay to watch beyond season 4. It seems i have taken a liking to period dramas. I am interested in continuing to watch this type of television. Any suggestions on what to binge watch next? 

Super Contributor

Poldark is a really good show,you would enjoy that.  Because you liked Downton Abbey so much, you might like to know that there’s going to be a Downton Abbey movie coming in Sept.

I hope you have recovered well from your back surgery.

Super Contributor

Crown about Queen Elizabeth is quite good,too, but I’m not sure if it’s on Amazon prime.

Respected Contributor

Masterpiece will present "Les Miserables" in a six part series beginning on April 14, at 9:00 PM. Dominic West, David Oyelowo, and Lily Collins star.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I too recommend Poldark. I think you will like it based on the other shows you mentioned.

I hope you are healing and feeling well!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What to watch...

[ Edited ]

@Shiloh09 , here are a few good series.  Don’t know if Amazon carries them but check...

A Place to Call Home

Boardwalk

The Sopranos (warning, graphic language)

Victoria

The Crown

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  LM