Honored Contributor

Re: What state is Virgin River supposed to take place in?

@house_cat wrote:

It's northern California. The town is fictional, but I'm not sure if that's Mount Shasta they show in the background.  I watched the first two episodes and I'm having trouble staying interested.  Very disappointing. I watch little tv, so when this came up as a suggestion on Netflix I was happy to see it.

I had to comment on my own post.  For some reason, I continued to watch and I have to say that I'm now hooked. I'm in the middle of season 2.  The actress who plays Mel is worth the price of admission - she's such a pleasure to watch.  I also like Doc ... where do I know him from previously?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat  Think you're asking about Tim Matheson. He was in Animal House movie, he was in West Wing as the VP, if you look him up in IMDB, it'll give you a rundown of all the shows he's been in.  He's very good!!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Yes! That's who I meant - love him! The wife, Hope, I'd like to push into the river, lol.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

The characters live in a fictional town in Northern Ca. but I think the scenery was filmed in British Columbia.