Honored Contributor

Re: What shows do you miss that are off the air now?

Boston Legal.  Liked the comedy-drama format. Really liked this show.  I have a dvd set of the 5 season it ran.

Honored Contributor

Lost

Providence

Monk

Trusted Contributor

Back in the 70's I was a kid who loved the Sunday Night Mystery Movies, that roasted with Columbo, McMillan, McCloud. Loved those. And i was a huge Quincy, ME fan. Could watch all those reruns again 😁

KJPA
Respected Contributor

@AuntG  I recall Providence --DH & I loved that.

the original Christie -- wish I could find some place free to binge on that one!

Judging Amy  

NYPD

The Closer -- I know the episodes by heart

Major Crimes

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

I knew I'd have a second round.

Brothers & Sisters

Family

Sisters

ER

Chicago Hope

The Closer

Major Crimes

Six Feet Under

Ooh, 'Six Feet Under' - one of my all-time favorite shows! Smiley Happy

This is an oddity for me - two of my favorite 'gone' shows are Frasier and The Big Bang Theory.

I've been recording the episodes to watch again (seen all of them in both shows a zillion times) when I'm relaxing at night and, since I've seen them all so many times, it's ok if I fall asleep.

Well, now I'm finding that I absolutely cannot stomach Sheldon Cooper or Frasier Crane.  These are two narcissistic characters who just make me cringe.  I don't remember really zeroing in on that initially so I wonder if it's just me.   I still really love both shows, though, and those two were never my favorite characters anyway but I don't recall really being so skeeved out by them.

Honored Contributor

Millionaire Listings

Honored Contributor

I knew I would think of another one lol "Sisters" I loved watching this show.  All their conversations in the sauna lol

Esteemed Contributor

Bones

Perception

Ally McBeal

Northern Exposure

CSI (with the original cast)

Homicide:  Life on the Street

Seinfeld

Friends

Super Contributor

Super oldie but I miss knots landing...not available to watch anywhere!!.. Anyone know where to find it..I have time nowSmiley Happy

Super Contributor

@marzi 1 wrote:

Super oldie but I miss knots landing...not available to watch anywhere!!.. Anyone know where to find it..I have time nowSmiley Happy

Marzi, I loved it as well.  The first 2 seasons are on DVD but that is it.  The company that owns the rights to the show cannot afford the music royalties they would have to pay to air the shows.  If you remember, Lisa Hartman sang on that series for several seasons, and she did covers of famous songs at the time.  The original owner of the songs would need to get royalties for every song she sang, and they say it would be a lot of money.  Such a shame - I would love to see them all again also.  TNT ran the show for a while, and then there was a network called Soap or something like that, and they ran it.  I don't think that network is around any longer.