Honored Contributor

Re: What show/movie would you say made you cry the most? Or at least upset you the most?

Old Yeller

This was a true event for my family on my great uncle's farm in east Texas in the early 60's. 

To make a long story short, my great uncle, me and my three siblings had the 14-day rabies shots. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What show/movie would you say made you cry the most? Or at least upset you the most?

Schindler's list left me emotionally exhausted...eyes were swollen from crying

Exorcist was very upsetting to me. Of course, I was only 16 and my friends and I walked out of the theatre wrapped around each other out of fear.  Slept with the light on for a week...

Respected Contributor

Wayyyy back in the way back machine, in the 70's "The Other Side of The Mountain" used to kill me.

I also balled my eyes out a "Phantom of The Operal" both movie and live musical. Andrew Lloyd Webber's music in that is SO poignant...and the guy I saw on stage made you just LOVE and feel for the Phantom so much. Movie had same effect on me.

Those two are the ones I can think of where I cried the most.

Respected Contributor

@amyb  I remember Other Side of the Mountain...if I remember, it was a true story...

Honored Contributor

"Brian's Song".

Super Contributor

The movie All Mine to Give, based on the book The Night They Gave Babies Away, had me sobbing out loud!  This is a true story taking place in Wisconsin around 1860.  I've never had another movie touch me the way this one did.  If you decide to watch, make sure you have a box of tissues nearby!

Respected Contributor

The TV show Touched by an Angel.  I cry no matter how many times I've seen the reruns.

The movie King Kong.  Weird, right?

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Old Yeller and Steel Magnolias...

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

12316079_981818215189734_7428578023814813288_n.jpg

Virtually every scene with Juanita Moore and Susan Kohner in Imitation of Life is tear inducing,  no matter how many times viewed.

@Johnnyeager That is exactly the movie that came to mind. I've seen it  so many times. I watched it the other day for the first time after my mother's passing and it was so sad. She was the person who introduced me to it so long ago. There are a lot of moves that make me cry but that one is really heartbreaking. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone, to varying degrees, mentioned so far.  An Affair to Remember starts me crying at the opening music and continues until the end. 

The scene in Dumbo when the mother is confined and puts her trunk through the bars to rock and cuddle Dumbo gets me every time.   

Now Voyager with Bette Davis.  So many older films.