Respected Contributor

Re: What show/movie would you say made you cry the most? Or at least upset you the most?

OMG, @RainCityWoman - I had forgotten about The Joy Luck Club! I went to see that with a female friend when it came out in the theater, and I held back my tears, because I did not want to cry in the theater-- or anywhere in public-- like ever.  So, the cement "dam" holding back my tears finally broke apart explosively for me, at the end of the movie, when I found that I was suddenly sobbing very loudly and very audibly and quite obviously in the theater. I no longer cared about being embarrassed. I guess it served me right for trying so hard to hold back my tears. My friend, was openly crying too.  Then, my friend and I went out to a bar/restaurant, and we looked like complete wrecks after crying so hard with our wet lashes, streaked faces, and makeup all in disarray! That was the only funny thing about the experience-- how pulverized we both looked and felt after that movie.  Thank you for reminding me of that one.  What a disturbing tear-jerker it was!

Honored Contributor

Re: What show/movie would you say made you cry the most? Or at least upset you the most?

Lassie Come Home-no contest!

Honored Contributor

"An Affair to Remember"/"Love Affair" last 5 minutes of either.

Honored Contributor

Born Free

Respected Contributor

"Penny Serenade"

"Missing" starring Jack Lemmon

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The Pursuit of Happyness with Thandie Newton, Will Smith and Jaden Smith.  

I cried like a baby when he finally got an opportunity to work for the large Firm, trading stocks.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

"Penny Serenade"

I've never been able to watch Penny Serenade all the way through.

I'm not so good with "sad crying". 

"Happy Crying" I can deal with.

Valued Contributor

Sophie's Choice

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  Spirit.  I sobbed throughout the movie, because I knew that in reality, horses are and have been treated so cruelly. DD just watched, DD's friend was affected, she is an animal lover like me, but her Mother was in shock watching the emotion coming from me, said she would never forget it, she is not an animal lover so couldn't understand my reaction.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

"Penny Serenade"

Penny Serenade is a favorite as well as The Enchanted Cottage.