Honored Contributor

What's the verdict so far on House of Dragons?

I think the "Thrones"  used up my votes on this kind of show.  

Are any of you watching the new "Hobbit" show?  

Regular Contributor

Re: What's the verdict so far on House of Dragons?

I'm enjoying House of Dragons.  But I have a somewhat low bar.  So far I'm not as confused as I was during som segments of GOT.  As long as that continues, I'll keep watching

Respected Contributor

After watching the 1st episode, I thought just more gore and too many dragons. I've watched episodes since, and think it's fair but not great. I hope that will change.

I read a critique online that said people should cancel their Sunday night plans and stay home to watch it. I don't think so.

Trusted Contributor

I'll keep watching if not just to hear the opening map and music sequence.

Matt Smith is carrying the show for me at this point.

It needs some editing and faster plot.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying House of Dragons thus far.  Not as enthralled with it as GOT, but still interesting and has kept my attention.

However, by contrast, I have given up on The Rings of Power.  I watched 3 episodes and I'm done waiting to like this series.  It bores me to tears.

I loved the Lord of the Rings movies.  But never watched the Hobbit films.  

Honored Contributor

I restarted my HBOMAX subscription for this, watched two episodes and cancelled. The dragons are cool, but the rest is just abysmal. Rhaenyra looks like Chaka from Land of the Lost. 

Regular Contributor

I have been watching and will continue to watch but I just can get past the fake hair, it is so obvious and goofy looking on everyone.  The dragon girl's under bite bothers me too...LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have been watching and plan to continue.  It's a little too early for me to say if I am into it or not. But I really hope the wigs get better.  

GOT was a great show.  I didn't even mind the ending, as so many did.  But I can't remember if I was instantly hooked on it.  It takes time for good storylines to develop.  It's hard to know or see the nuances of characters and what's actually happening so early on.  

Honored Contributor

Love it.  It's must see tv for me.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I'll keep watching if not just to hear the opening map and music sequence.

Matt Smith is carrying the show for me at this point.

It needs some editing and faster plot.

@candyagain I love the theme song, I always got a little excited when I heard it, I am surprised they didn't come up with something new or tweak it. As for the show maybe it's not fair to compare it to Game of Thrones, but I do and the new show doesn't measure up. The characters in GOT were memorable and I was invested in them, I don't  have an attachment to anyone yet.