Esteemed Contributor

What's the best place to talk about music on the forums?

I love music......where can we talk about our favorite music.  This section just says TV and Movies (movies have soundtracks) can we sneak it in?

What do you think?  Yes, No? 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: What's the best place to talk about music on the forums?

TV & Movies

Community Chat

Among Friends

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

TV & Movies

Community Chat

Among Friends

Thank you, @Mz iMac .  As I peruse the topics and discussions I see very little about music, thanks for letting me know.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Soundtracks to movies, I put in TV/Movies.

Other music discussions I put in Community Chat, since it's more or less a 'generic' forum.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Soundtracks to movies, I put in TV/Movies.

Other music discussions I put in Community Chat, since it's more or less a 'generic' forum.

I do what IG does too.  I just write MUSIC  in the intro box, so others know what subject I want to discuss with them.  

Super Contributor

I'd try the suggestion box.  The Q forums should have a music section.  

Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47.  The mods have said there will be no new forums and true to their word, none have been added in years.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

I love music......where can we talk about our favorite music.  This section just says TV and Movies (movies have soundtracks) can we sneak it in?

What do you think?  Yes, No? 

@gertrudecloset   I would love a music forum, too.  However, the mods have said that will not happen.

I think TV/Movies is the best place; Community Chat could get overloaded with music threads and possibly overloaded with one type of music.  It was the reason why a game forum was started-games overtook the Community Chat at one point.

As long as there isn't a run on music on TV/Movies. I think that is the best place.  It wouldn't be fair to have more music threads running over TV/Movie discussions.

Among Friends might work but that seems to be more of a support  forum.

I do wish the mods would reconsider a music forum though.

There is great music out there today and being introduced to new singers/bands/genres would be great!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Also:  It wouldn't hurt to ask again.  If enough posters are interested, the mods might add a music forum.  I'm not sure why the answer was "no" before but maybe things could change a bit.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb 

Thanks for the heads up!  If I had felt it was appropriate I would have started a music thread a while back.  I got the feeling from those who responded to my query, that not too much goes on with the "music front" on this side of the forums.  Actually, I haven't seen too much.  The other thread I started was about just actors, yeah so.  Thank you!
@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Goldengate8361 No.  I'd prefer we stick to actors/actresses.  I asked in an entire thread if it was ok talk music here and everyone that replied didn't think the movie section was a good idea for that.  I understand you might not like certain musicians but discuss it in someone else's thread, please!

I don't think you can talk music in the tv/movies forum.

It's one thing to request the thread stay with actors, but of course music can be and is discussed in this forum...