Honored Contributor

What's happening to the FBI shows?

It seems they are getting more violent as the season ends.  Is this what we, the viewing public, want?  I wish they would leave the violence to the streaming shows. Breaking Bad had enough to last me a lifetime.  I hate to see my favorite FBI shows going down that road.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's happening to the FBI shows?

Sorry to say but this is our world today. The shows are only following in real time what is happening. I am sure there are other shows that would be more to your taste. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

It seems they are getting more violent as the season ends.  Is this what we, the viewing public, want?  I wish they would leave the violence to the streaming shows. Breaking Bad had enough to last me a lifetime.  I hate to see my favorite FBI shows going down that road.

Yes, I did notice that the violence seems to be more graphic. @depglass 

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the reasons I stopped watching these kind of shows entirely. I refuse to add my viewership (approval) to things that only add to society's ills. I haven't missed any of this 'entertainment' as there are much better options.

Esteemed Contributor

I have enough stress in my life so when I watch TV it's to escape all the other stuff I'm dealing with. I think about the films that were produced in the 1930s, when America was struggling on several levels. Movies then, with few exceptions (Grapes of Wrath, for example) took people away to fantasy locales wihere people dressed for dinner and money was no object. TV programs don't have to be all frilly and light. However, the violence is definitely a call for me to abandon a show ASAP.

Trusted Contributor

When I watch crime shows I expect to see violence. Just like when I watch hospital based shows I expect to see blood and guts. It's the nature of the program. Most of these shows are based on real life incidents. Perhaps you need to watch programs that don't upset you as much.❤️

Honored Contributor

"The Golden Girls".......still showing on 2 channels where I live....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@depglass,  I think your thoughts deserve to be taken seriously.  I don't follow the FBI shows, but can well believe that they're succumbing to the general coarsening and lowering of standards.

Material that's concerned with crime and other aberrant behaviors can handle that in a variety of ways--   they don't HAVE to go the crudely graphic route.  Some in the audience do get desensitized to the ugliness that's depicted, unfortunately.  It's a good sign that that hasn't happened to you.  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@depglass,  I think your thoughts deserve to be taken seriously.  I don't follow the FBI shows, but can well believe that they're succumbing to the general coarsening and lowering of standards.

Material that's concerned with crime and other aberrant behaviors can handle that in a variety of ways--   they don't HAVE to go the crudely graphic route.  Some in the audience do get desensitized to the ugliness that's depicted, unfortunately.  It's a good sign that that hasn't happened to you.  

Good way to put it. It would be good if more understood that just because hollywood lowers their standards doesn't mean people need to lower theirs and stop watching because of it.

Valued Contributor

Which FBI shows? I enjoy watching anything on IDTV or Forensic Files.  I haven't noticed that they are any more graphic then before...