Reply
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,716
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

Has anyone watched House in a Hurry I think it's called? Sort of strange but I rather liked it.

 

I like the international ones, amazed at the tiny and odd layouts in some of them. I wouldn't want to spend even a week's vacation in them. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,660
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

I stopped looking at stories and blogs from people on these shows explaining how fake they all are. I think the worst of the worst if Love It or List It.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,069
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

Yes, I heard it last night for the 1st time-very irritating and so unnecessary. We can see that he has walked out onto the patio! lol!That is definitely not an improvement! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,272
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

Yes, that annoying "descriptive narration" on HH bothers me, too & has for awhile now.  I guess it's for the visually impaired audience, but it would be nice if you could turn it off & on, like with closed captioning.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,806
Registered: ‎07-21-2014

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

I havent watched for weeks and will check this out!! 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 303
Registered: ‎03-25-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters


@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yes, I heard it last night for the 1st time-very irritating and so unnecessary. We can see that he has walked out onto the patio! lol!That is definitely not an improvement! 


I watched last night also and don't remember hearing that info - maybe there is something on your TV or cable setting that needs to be adjusted.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,069
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters


@DebFau01 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yes, I heard it last night for the 1st time-very irritating and so unnecessary. We can see that he has walked out onto the patio! lol!That is definitely not an improvement! 


I watched last night also and don't remember hearing that info - maybe there is something on your TV or cable setting that needs to be adjusted.


@DebFau01 I believe it was on Wednesday Night when I heard it-not last night!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,401
Registered: ‎08-19-2018

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters


@cookinfreak wrote:

I didn't watch last night but wonder if something happened with closed captioning feature or something like that. I was watching tv one night, and had comments during the programming like "he walks thru the living room to the bedroom" "footsteps in the hallway". It was describing EVERYTHING that was going on. It was actually my tv that has a feature you can enable and my guess it's for blind people. I was able to get it turned off, but wonder if it had something to do with the network?? 

cookin


------

I wondered the exact same thing. My TV also has that feature, and it has only happened on a couple of channels, but I figured out, how to turn it off, if it happens. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters

Tonight I watched "My Lottery Dream House" and they had the same thing. Like "David gets out of the SUV and goes in the house". Strange....

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,272
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: What on Earth? House Hunters


@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@DebFau01 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yes, I heard it last night for the 1st time-very irritating and so unnecessary. We can see that he has walked out onto the patio! lol!That is definitely not an improvement! 


I watched last night also and don't remember hearing that info - maybe there is something on your TV or cable setting that needs to be adjusted.


@DebFau01 I believe it was on Wednesday Night when I heard it-not last night!


I've noticed it on some HH shows & not others.  I wonder if it's done on the more recently filmed shows, even though they show as "new" in the program guide?