Esteemed Contributor

Re: What musical instrument do you wish you could play?

[ Edited ]

@AzcowgirlForgot to mention my grandson is in more bands. One in his own school and another his band director suggested he audition for last year (and again this year) to play steel drums for community venues. Those lessons are every Saturday morning at one of the High Schools. They perform all over the community throughout the year.

Those steel drums have the most amazing sound ever! Students range from middle school through high school in age. [ETA: I need to ask him if he has a peddal steel guitar in his assortment! IDK. If so, need to hear it!]

My son provides dealership trucks to pull those bulky steel drums and other equipement (in the trailers) from the High School permanent location to the performances. Most drivers are other parents, who also volunteer and have perfect driving records. It takes a village to raise musicians (and kids in sports or any other interest)! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Well, @qualitygal , I play piano but I wish I played better! 

@qualitygal wrote:

I think a piano would be great.  I don't know how hard it is to learn, but if I had someone who was young and we could get lessons for them, I think that would be a good instrument.  

What would you choose?

Trusted Contributor

Piano.

Frequent Contributor

double bass or violin

Honored Contributor

The piano.  My granddaughter plays the piano so well, she's actually been payed to play it for people.  She's been playing since she was 6 years old.  My other granddaughter plays the guitary (amazing).  My husband played the guitar.

Me?  Zip!  I used to have a boyfriend who played the drums in a band.  He taught me how to play but I was never good enough to play is HIS band!  Ha!

Just think, if you could play the piano, you could sit anywhere there was one, play a song and entertain yourself.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygalGuitar !!!