Honored Contributor

Re: What musical instrument do you wish you could play?

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Nonametoday  For many years I took piano and organ lessons. Also took clarinet lessons in 7th and 8th grade, but really wanted to learn a wind instrument. 

My son also took years of piano and cello. (I was so envious!) 

When my son and DIL bought a complete set of drums and several cymbals for my grandson, they were kept at my house until Christmas! I tried to play them and had so much fun, but didn't have any natural talent or the correct rhythm (or something!). It was loud, but far from musical.

My grandson is adopted and inherited the musical talents of his birth father, who is a professional drummer in Chicago. Needless to say, his parents have encouraged him to follow that talent. My DIL has been driving him to Omaha for several years every week for three hours of lessons in drums, guitar and band. Some weeks they perform locally; other weeks they simply practice for their next gig! He's the youngest in their band. He'll be 13 next month. Our family and his birth father's family is amazed at his progress. He loves music, reading, friends and is an A student. He doesn't care about sports!! We're happy he is a happy guy who has such an interest in something at such a young age which will last him a lifetime.

My son, my mom, my grandmother, my sister and I all enjoyed the piano. Mom, my sister and I loved having an organ in our home as well. Music makes the soul sing!  

@BirkiLady   What a great story.  Now you can live vicariously through that talented young man.  So happy that you have a child like that in your family who was rescued and whose talents and intellect your DIL has encouraged.  That is a praise.

Respected Contributor

Pedal steel guitar, and the bag pipes. I’m serious. Almost got a chance to take lessons but we wound up moving.

Esteemed Contributor

If I had musical talent, I would chose piano.

My DD is musical, plays piano and flute.  She started the piano as a little girl, continued on, and then was referred to instruction at a university music school.  Endless hours of practice!  She dropped it in college, having little time as a science major.  After so many years, she has rediscovered her piano again.  She actually has a music room in the bigger home she and her DH moved into. A new piano, as well.  I am beyond happy to see her enjoyment.

Valued Contributor

the accordian

Honored Contributor

Piano because all keyboard instruments would then be a possibility.

Esteemed Contributor

Drums...I've always had a love for the drum parts in music.  Second choice would be Cello, Violin or Flute.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

My vocal chords. I've always wished I could sing.

Honored Contributor

Violin and/or Cello.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Piano because all keyboard instruments would then be a possibility.

@AuntG 

Drums are a percussion instrument as are marimba, xylophone and piano.  Ta da.  I could never play drums but played piano.  Never tried to play marimba or xylo, however.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Nothing now.  That door has closed.  When I was young, I always wished that I could play the piano.