Valued Contributor

Re: What movie scene always makes you tear up?

A little known film starring Richard Gere, called Hachi: A Dog's Tale.   I dare any dog lover to not sob uncontrollably at the end.  I have watched it a few times and always have trouble catching my breath when it goes off.  It's a beautiful film.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

A little known film starring Richard Gere, called Hachi: A Dog's Tale.   I dare any dog lover to not sob uncontrollably at the end.  I have watched it a few times and always have trouble catching my breath when it goes off.  It's a beautiful film.

@Tessa Mendoza  I had read about this before the movie. It was so upsetting to me I could never watch the movie.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I don't have one specific but anything with a dog that dies I just can't handle. Kill all the people off I'm good but kill the dog and I'm balling. Ok that's an exaggeration but I'm sure some poeple can relate. 

@Lali1 

I can't take it when animals get killed or die in shows. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he was trying to tell me about a movie where it's the viewpoint of a dog that lives with a family, the minute he said it was sort of sad, I was like. NO.NO.NO... stop talking I don't want to hear anymore and I will not be watching. 

Yeh I think I saw that. A Dogs Life maybe? I cried through the entire movie. My throat and head hurt all night. 

Honored Contributor

I thought of another one: the end of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir  -  Captain Gregg to Lucy (Lucia) "And now you'll never be tired again." 

Occasional Contributor

Always The Way We Were. I think surely they can make it work this time.

Respected Contributor

I tear up when I watch Stella Dallas looking through the window from outside to see the daughter she gave up getting married.

As a kid, I watched a movie called All Mine to Give. The parents died, and the oldest boy pulls his siblings on a sled in the snow to drop them off at other families' homes so they could be taken care of there. I never watch it when I see it's scheduled to come on; too sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Saving Private Ryan.  And I'm right there with the posters who can deal with all the humans in a movie dying,but let an animal die or be killed....I'm out.  When I read a book and they focus on an animal I spend the rest of book worrying if something bad is going to happen to the animal. I know...wacky.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Saving Private Ryan.  And I'm right there with the posters who can deal with all the humans in a movie dying,but let an animal die or be killed....I'm out.  When I read a book and they focus on an animal I spend the rest of book worrying if something bad is going to happen to the animal. I know...wacky.

@MoJoV   I am SOOO glad that I am not the only animal wacko that does that!  It ruins a book (and movie) for me, even if I tell myself.....It is just a book or a movie!  I hate seeing westerns or scenes with horses where they fall down.  The gunshots are scaring them....can't handle it.  LOL  Oh well.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Gayle Sayers saying good bye to Brian Piccolo in Brian's Song.  No matter how many times I have watched it since it first came out I cry like a baby.  The door handle scene with Meryl Streep in Bridges of Madison County is the second melt down for me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

An  Affair to Remember with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr.  When he opens her bedroom door and sees the picture he painted of her, then realizes she is the customer in the wheelchair.

Also Love is a Many Splendored Thing with William Holden and Jennifer Jones.  After he dies, she goes to the hill where they used to meet and envisions him waving to her.