Respected Contributor

Re: What movie scene always makes you tear up?

The last scene in "Days of Wine and Roses"

In "Missing,"  the scene that takes place in a stadium.  Also, when Ed Horman finds out his son was murdered.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup I too love those words and reading them again just now (thank you!) I've had my weep for the day but love those words.

Esteemed Contributor

The closing credits of American Sniper.

Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids  I agree, such beautiful words, so comforting and wasn’t Maureen O’Hara beautiful? To me there’s nothing like the classics.

Respected Contributor

Not sure if it qualifies as a "movie", but when "Frosty the Snowman" melts in front of Karen, I just lose it every single time, even though I know Frosty is going to be brought back to life by Santa!  

Years ago, I caught the last 20 minutes of the movie "The Champ", and even though I didn't know much about the movie, seeing a young Ricky Schroeder cry out, "Wake him up!  Wake him up" over the body of his father who died during a boxing match,  made me cry.  I am quite sure it would have the same effect on me now.

Finally, there is "Imitation of Life", a very old movie with Sandra Dee.  When their maid dies and has a magnificent funeral, the maid's daughter, who had rejected and refused to acknowledge her mother for several years, races through the crowd at her mom's funeral procession, cries hysterically and yells out, "That's my mother!"  

Respected Contributor

I don't have one specific but anything with a dog that dies I just can't handle. Kill all the people off I'm good but kill the dog and I'm balling. Ok that's an exaggeration but I'm sure some poeple can relate. 

Trusted Contributor

Watcbed these movies many times and still cry : ET and Dumbo (orginal)

In Field of Dreams when Ray Kinsella ( Kevin Costner) says "Hey...Dad. Do you want to have a catch?"

That gets me every time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brian Piccalo saying goodbye to his friend in the hospital, or not understanding he isn't going to make it and they didn't tell him.

Old Yeller, when the boy had to shoot him!!!!

Do you also know the story of Greyfrier's Bobby?  

Valued Contributor

A LEAGUE OF THERE OWN.THE ENDING.