Honored Contributor

Re: What movie scene always makes you tear up?

@mspatmac wrote:

An Affair to Remember at the end when Cary Grant goes to Debra Kerr's apartment, finds the painting and realizes she is paralized.  Tearing up as I type this.  

Aaahhh...... no words, just ahhhh.

And in fact, if you haven't seen it, the remake (and I usually abhor remakes) with Warren Beatty and Annette Benning.......

Frequent Contributor

THe Other  SIde of the Mountain: when the paralyzed skier finds out that Beau Bridges character dies in an airplane crash.

Buy The Other Side of the Mountain - Microsoft Store en-AU

Respected Contributor

Okay, this is going to make me sound very strange, but I can't watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  John Candy's character seems so lonely, I just feel so sorry for him.  You won't believe this, but I am tearing up writing this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Ending of My Dog Skip:

"Skip died" my daddy said.  He and my mama wrapped him in my baseball jacket.

"They buried him  out under an elm tree " they said.

That wasn't totally true.  For he really layed buried in my heart.

@Lucky Dog   That was the saddest movie I ever saw. I couldn't stop crying and so mad at my brother for recommending it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Way we Were the scene at the front of the Plaza hotel, I know this has been mentioned

Sleepless in Seattle where Annie and Sam finally meet at the end of the movie

Its a Wonderful Life when the angel takes him back to town to see what life would of been without him

edited to add

The scene at the end of Field of Dreams where Kevin Costner has the game of catch with is reincarnated Dad.

Hubby added The Art Of Dancing in the Rain, where the Mom is getting sicker by the minute and of course when the sweet dog passes away

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog -

I'm crying just reading that!

Yeah, I can never watch sad dog movies, no.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Bridges From Madison County---- the door handle scene for me produces real waterworks.

I love that movie. Streep and Eastwood never better, so

real, so heartbreaking.

A rare instance, where for me the movie was better than the book.

Regular Contributor

@Love my grandkids   My mother introduced this movie to me when a young girl....always a favorite to watch together.

Regular Contributor

There’s so many movies where I need tissues.  One that always gets to me is Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner - the last scene where Spencer Tracey is talking to Sidney Poitier and his bride to be while Katherine Hepburn is crying.  No matter how many times I see this movie I end up crying.

Respected Contributor

@blue eyed lady Imitation of Life, the original. Oh my

do I 😭. Used to watch that with my beloved deceased mother.