Esteemed Contributor

Re: What movie reruns do you avoid like the plague?

@GenXmuse wrote:

Oh my word, no more titanic, Footloose and Dirty dancing 

@GenXmuse

I'm not sure we can be friends any longer.😱

I can watch Dirty Dancing over and over again. Intellectually, I understand it is a weak storyline but I am emotionally charged by all the great music and sexy after hours dancing by the staff--most especially Penny and Johnny.❤❤❤

Super Contributor

Night of the Living Dead

Saw it at the drive-in in '69 (I think)  & it absolutely freaked me out & it still does.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Silver Linings Playbook.  I've tried to watch it three times but never made it more than 15-20 minutes.  I gave it a couple extra tries because the reviews were so good, but I couldn't get into it.  I think it's because I just don't care for Bradley Cooper as an actor.

Also, add any Tom Cruise movie to my list.  For me, his acting is like he is playing the role of Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise, no matter what the role is.

@Caligurll

I was having this very conversation with family and friends on Thanksgiving. I have seen Bradley Cooper on talk shows and I am sure he is a wonderful person, but as an actor, I don't connect with him.

I feel the same about Silver Linings Playbook as you.  In fact, that might have been the movie around which I formed my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Any Rudolph or Frosty holiday movies. Zero interest in movies about drug lords, prison breaks, mobsters, cheesy teen movies, lake monster stuff. Easier to say that than try to name titles.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Well, since it's the season, I'll say It's A Wonderful Life.  It's the hokiest movie ever.  And because of Jimmy Stewart's notorious role, I can't watch him in any other movie.

@ValuSkr

That's tragic!  It's not one of my favorites, either, but I can't imagine life without James Stewart.

You need some kind of intervention.  I suggest before you watch the Hitchcock films you start with something like Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation. 

You can do this.  And you'll be glad you did.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee

I saw it when it first came out and liked it OK.   I don't think of it as a xmas movie.  Maybe I need to see it again.   Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I dislike horror and sci-fi movies: I avoid them the first time around.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@just bee

I saw it when it first came out and liked it OK.   I don't think of it as a xmas movie.  Maybe I need to see it again.   Thanks.

@Bridgegal

Christmas 1183: Well, what shall we hang... the holly, or each other? 

Absolutely a Christmas film!  O'Toole and Hepburn -- the gift that keeps on giving. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Goodfellas.  Loved the movie the first couple of times I watched it, but it seems to be on constantly and DH enjoys it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I can't even be in the room when it's on.

Home Alone.  Ugh  I just can't.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Goodfellas.  Loved the movie the first couple of times I watched it, but it seems to be on constantly and DH enjoys it EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I can't even be in the room when it's on.

Home Alone.  Ugh  I just can't.  

@Citrine1

I can watch Goodfellas repeatedly.

Home Alone?  Someone would have to pay me.  A lot.