Honored Contributor

Re: What movie reruns do you avoid like the plague?

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

Dirty Dancing. Never did like that movie.

@Ladylaughsalot

Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Frozen!!!!!
Not a fan of action movies either.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All the Die Hard movies.

For Pete's Sake movie

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:
Frozen!!!!!
Not a fan of action movies either.

@sunshine 919

Let it go...

I'm so grateful I have no children/grandchildren because I haven't seen any of these Disney films.  It's been years.

My coworkers watch them repeatedly on their phones.

Talk about the end of Western civilization...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Silver Linings Playbook.  I've tried to watch it three times but never made it more than 15-20 minutes.  I gave it a couple extra tries because the reviews were so good, but I couldn't get into it.  I think it's because I just don't care for Bradley Cooper as an actor.

Also, add any Tom Cruise movie to my list.  For me, his acting is like he is playing the role of Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise, no matter what the role is.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Also, add any Tom Cruise movie to my list.  For me, his acting is like he is playing the role of Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise, no matter what the role is.

@Caligurll

I just don't understand it.  Tom Cruise appears to be a genuinely decent human being and he is a competent, dependable actor.  I've actually seen some brilliant performances.

But why can't I embrace him?

I have the same problem with Leonardo DiCaprio.  Competent, dependable.  Some brilliant performances.  Scorsese adores him.  Why can't I see the attraction?

And then there's Matt Damon.  Same thing.

In fact, there are several actors I just can't get that excited about.  Doesn't mean they don't have talent -- they do.

There's just no chemistry, I guess.  Don't get it.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@just bee  You are on fire tonight!Smiley Wink

@phoenixbrd

No doubt fueled by leftover turkey.

Respected Contributor

@Tique I didn't want you to think I left my good wishes for you out! We see each other on many other posts. Goes without saying, Happy and a Healthy Holiday Season.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Caligurll

I just don't understand it.  Tom Cruise appears to be a genuinely decent human being and he is a competent, dependable actor.  I've actually seen some brilliant performances.

I have the same problem with Leonardo DiCaprio.  Competent, dependable.  Some brilliant performances.  Scorsese adores him.  Why can't I see the attraction?

In fact, there are several actors I just can't get that excited about.  Doesn't mean they don't have talent -- they do.

@just bee wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

@Caligurll

@just bee

I thought The Talented Mr. Ripley took Matt Damon's acting to new levels. . .  Did you see it?

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@just bee

I thought The Talented Mr. Ripley took Matt Damon's acting to new levels. . .  Did you see it?

@fortune

I did.  Definitely talented.

Still can't muster the enthusiasm that I think I should.  But then I wasn't that fond of Paul Newman -- until I was.  Just clicked one day.