Respected Contributor

Re: What is your favorite game show presently on TV?

"25 Words" and "Jeopardy."  Game shows seem to relax me, even the old ones.

Honored Contributor

Jeopardy, followed by Wheel of Fortune.

Respected Contributor

There is only one....jeopardy.  Been watching it since grade school.  We would come home for lunch and it would be on at twelve with Art Fleming.  As soon as final jeopardy was over we knew we had to hustle back to school.

Honored Contributor

Jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always been a game show fan, so I'll give any of them a chance.

It's WOF and Jeopardy from 7-8; can't remember a time when I wasn't watching them. I do think WOF needs to implement some new rules, though. Price Is Right is fun, too, with all of those happy people. I like this season's new America Says, and 25 Words Or Less.

Re 25 Words..., I wish they'd be consistent about their rules. Sometimes they ditch the contestant interview in favor of playing an additional round, this one for 500 points. Also, as a clue, you can't give the number of letters in the word to be guessed. That makes sense. But allowing a clue-giver to offer, " 'war' spelled backwards" as a clue for "raw?" Huh? They also play fast and loose with word forms (plurals, gerunds, etc). But once the word was "need," and the clue given was, "[blank] and thread." The contestant responded "needle," and was credited with a correct response...because "need" appeared in the word "needle." That's nuts. I'd wager that trying to elicit a correct response of "need" is a lot harder than doing so for "needle."

Also, the posturing face-offs between the stars before they start their their rounds are a little much. I love word games, though, so I watch. And Meredith Vieira is a great game show host.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

Jeopardy - unfortunately, in the time slot in my area, it is constantly being replaced by impeachment trials and coronavirus press releases - frankly, I have more interest in watching Jeopardy than in political commentary.  

Valued Contributor

AMERICA SAYS.  is the best.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Jeopardy, followed by Wheel of Fortune.

Same for me.  I watch "America Says" late at night if I'm still awake.

Respected Contributor

Let's Make A Deal and The Price Is Right.    I really enjoy watching both Wayne Brady and Drew Carey.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy "Family Feud." They will not be making new episodes anytime soon, however.