Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Television show right now?

@colleena  I will also miss them.  Well, their departures aren't permanent and maybe they'll only be missing for an episode or two.

Trusted Contributor

Since it's the only show I purposely tune in to...The First 48.

Honored Contributor

'This Is Us'

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sanditon. Love me a costume drama. Also Slow Horses starring Gary Oldman who is a leader of disgraced MI5 team. Great characters, relevant storyline, on AppleTV.

Honored Contributor

Hands down This Is Us. Six years ago I was all in the first 5 minutes. Then the ending of the first episode, when we discovered timelines, it blew my mind. Sadly the series is wknding down, I have loved this show and will miss it more than I can say. 

Honored Contributor

Abbott Elementary

Regular Contributor

Better Call Saul, best show on television

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr I hope your right & that it won't b too long that they're gone.  Also I was sad about the miscarriage.  I really like almost all the cast except I just don't like Dr. Turner's wife but that's just me I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to narrow it down, although I don't watch any 'modern' series TV at all.   For fictional shows, I vastly prefer retro television, with my overall, ongoing current favorite being the original "Perry Mason",  mainly for Raymond Burr's tour de force performance over 9 years.  A titanic accomplishment.

Another favorite is "Book TV",  a wonderful weekend treat provided by CSPAN.   It's very much a mixed bag, but they don't censor or discriminate in terms of viewpoint and world view of the writers.  Many of them I find to have misguided, or even grotesque views of the world, but it's important to hear from them, if only to sharpen your own thinking which opposes theirs.  And there are enough brilliant originals, or like-minded authors, who challenge and delight, to make it very worthwhile.

And have to agree, the spectacular late night success, "Gutfeld!" is must-see, at least a few times a week, for impish humor and trenchant, idiosyncratic commentary.  Greg Gutfeld has such a restless, nimble mind.  He doesn't even need the exclamation point they chose to include in the title of his show, although in his case, it's deserved...

So, I'll say "Perry Mason",  "Book TV"  and "Gutfeld!",  but it's really a revolving list of favorites.

Respected Contributor

Dateline & 48 Hours.  I never miss an episode.