Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Television show right now?

This is Us  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This is Us -top of the list.

Ozark-the series finale (Part 2) begins April 29th.

Call the Midwife

There are more but those are the ones I call favorite right now.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

For me is just not the shows, but the channels I watch.  Most of these have a ton of shows that I like.

Court TV, Recipe TV, Create PBS.  I do watch a few on HGTV such as Bargain Block, My Lottery Dream Home.  Sometimes I like watching the older Dr. Phil shows.  And of course the shopping channels Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I'm a Soap nut so I have to say Days of Our Lives.

Trusted Contributor

Morning Joe. All 4 hours. Always on as I start my day.
Honored Contributor

It's nice to see another fan of "Book TV",  @deepwaterdotter  .  Wish we got C-SPAN 3 as well, as I suspect they have more goodies of that sort on there too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dr. Jeff,  Rocky Mountain Vet

Critter Fixers

Wizard of Paws

Top Chef

and when they come back for a new season:

The Zoo (Bronx Zoo)

Dr. Pol

Dr. Oakley, Yukon Vet

Dr. K,  Exotic Animals

Vet Life

Million Dollar Listing - New York and LA

Honored Contributor

Abbott Elementary Heart

Critter Fixers Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NFL FOOTBALL.....smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif🏈 (no games right now, doing a lot of reading, but looking forward to the NFL Draft, Hall Of Fame Game (is it August yet?) and the 2022 season...

If I HAD to name a non-sports show it would be "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" or "ANDY GRIFFITH" on METV the classic TV channel.  The current TV lineup of unfunny sitcoms, endless talent shows, and boring dramas shows just doesnt interest me.....🤷‍♀️

I do occasionally enjoy some of the Hallmark Mystery series...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

It's hard to narrow it down, although I don't watch any 'modern' series TV at all.   For fictional shows, I vastly prefer retro television, with my overall, ongoing current favorite being the original "Perry Mason",  mainly for Raymond Burr's tour de force performance over 9 years.  A titanic accomplishment.

Another favorite is "Book TV",  a wonderful weekend treat provided by CSPAN.   It's very much a mixed bag, but they don't censor or discriminate in terms of viewpoint and world view of the writers.  Many of them I find to have misguided, or even grotesque views of the world, but it's important to hear from them, if only to sharpen your own thinking which opposes theirs.  And there are enough brilliant originals, or like-minded authors, who challenge and delight, to make it very worthwhile.

And have to agree, the spectacular late night success, "Gutfeld!" is must-see, at least a few times a week, for impish humor and trenchant, idiosyncratic commentary.  Greg Gutfeld has such a restless, nimble mind.  He doesn't even need the exclamation point they chose to include in the title of his show, although in his case, it's deserved...

So, I'll say "Perry Mason",  "Book TV"  and "Gutfeld!",  but it's really a revolving list of favorites.

@Oznell 

I like the original Perry Mason too...that show STILL sets the standard for court room TV shows, well written.....And I do watch Mr. G and crew too...😃

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”