Respected Contributor

Re: What is the most frightning movie?

@OznellI'm not much for scary movies but i DID see the Shining.  The most scary affecting moment in the WHOLE film for me was when the wife looks at the manuscript and sees reams upon reams of paper with the only words "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."  typed Over and over and over  for hours and days on end.  Totally creeped me out to think of that broken mind she and her baby were trapped with.

Respected Contributor

These are great answers and you reminded me of some really good movies!  Thank you!

JB I frogot about "The Haunting" 

Carmie I think you mentioned "A Clockwork Orange"

Both made me want to sleep with the lights on. Woman Surprised

Super Contributor

All of these. I love a good suspense, and Hitchcock was a master of that. I loved Rear Window also. I tend to be more freaked out by scary movies that could happen in real life.

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet, and this one affected me most of all and has been a lifelong phobia - JAWS !!!   I am still afraid to go in water that isn't crystal clear to this day. Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

Have you watched the movie"Don't Breathe" from 2016?

Our family really enjoyed that movie. It  is about teens breaking into a blind man's house.

Things happen that the kids never would imagine. 

I think they are making a sequel.

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Jackhound Mom

Have you watched the movie"Don't Breathe" from 2016?

Our family really enjoyed that movie. It  is about teens breaking into a blind man's house.

Things happen that the kids never would imagine. 

I think they are making a sequel.

Yes we did see it!!!  It definate qualifier!  Thanks I'll look for #2!

Respected Contributor

@threecees

yes.....the hand coming up out of the ground ! 😱 eeeek !

Honored Contributor

A British-American film titled The Legend of Hell House. 

A group of both paranormal “scientists” as well as psychics, attempt to stay in a haunted house for a period of time (long weekend?). 

The house belonged to a long-dead “evil” man based loosely on Aleister Crowley, a real person who was pretty sicko for the Victorians and Edwardians, maybe not so much today.

There wasn’t a lot of gore or bloody deaths (though there was some), it was the suspense and camera work that made it frightening. They constantly surprised you with “little things” that would make you jump. It was very creepy indeed.

The cast included Roddy McDowell, and Pamela Franklin (Prime of Miss Jean Brodie). The script was by famed sci-fi author Richard Matheson, who also wrote the book it was based on - and Somewhere in Time, to name one of several well known books/films.

It scared the kwap out of me in the theater, and it still does even with occasional snipped showings on TV.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

The Conjuring

Halloween  🎃

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

1408 with John Cusack 2007. It's a Stephen King short story he wrote in 1999. I came across it by accident and since I think Cusack is a good actor, I watched it. This movie was totally unexpected. I can't explain it. You just have to see it.

Occasional Contributor

The Bad Seed with Patty McCormack.  Is there anything more terrifying than an evil child?