Honored Contributor

Re: What is the most frightning movie?

The Ring, with Naomi Watts

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Duel starring Dennis Weaver (early 70's movie)

The Shining

Honored Contributor

Thriller TV  had a story called A Wig for Miss Devore. (1962)). I saw this movie on TV when I was a child.  I was so scared that I couldn’t get up to walk.  The movie haunted me for years.  It still has a following and is often considered the best episode in the Thriller series.

It’s about a wig with a curse on it.  A has been actress tries it on and it makes her beautiful and successful but she becomes evil as the wig controls her and steals her soul.

Also “Cape Fear” both the original and the remake.  Frightening.

Honored Contributor

The original "Halloween."  The scene where she's in the closet and the scene where Michael puts on a sheet and the dead boyfriend's glasses and teases his girlfriend - OMG.  And I've seen it probably fifty times and it still scares me.

Another vote for "The Blair Witch Project," but only the first time.  I love the prequel but they never show that anymore.

Honored Contributor

For me, it's still The Omen, and The Exorcist. 

Chills just writing that down. Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

The Exorcist for me because we walked to the movie theatre and had to walk home...I was scared to death walking home in the dark.

Cape Fear is another frightening one for me.

Honored Contributor

Psycho, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining.

Super Contributor

For me it's Pet Semetery and Night of the Living Dead (Original - in black & white).  Both can still give me the creeps.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I are horror film fanatics.

I would say.........THE GRUDGE, HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT !

Honored Contributor

Movies that involve the devil but mostly the movies where they don't show the monster but let the audience imagine what "is out there".

I've often read that really good writers leave to the imagination of the audience what the evil (whatever it is).  Then near the end show it.

But, to me, whatever they show isn't anywhere as scary what my imagination conjure up.

Think about it......we all have (maybe from childhood or as we grew into adults) what our version of scary is.  I know a lot of people (adults) who are afraid of clowns.  Yet (for most people) at one time or another we weren't afraid of clowns.  Not necessarily love them, just didn't care one way or another.  Now suddenly many people are afraid of clowns.

Our imaginations are a real gift.  It can take us to scary places or places where we are carefree and happy.