Valued Contributor

Turner Classic Movie channel isn't the same lately..What happened to all the "great" movies??

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to

[ Edited ]

Myself, not really watching 1932-ish movies.  That's too far back.  Guess it depends on the actors.

What would you like to see?  So we can get an idea of what you're after and if we see it due to be on, we can alert you?

Adding: I just bought 3 DVD's due to not finding a lot of what I felt like watching too.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313   I've noticed that too.  A challenge to find good films although Oznell does a good job alerting us.  I find we are using our DVD collection more frequently when we want to watch a movie. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not noticing any changes or differences at all.

I thoroughly enjoyed, for example, the August "Summer Under The Stars" programming which featured a wide assortment of my favorites.

And I'm looking forward to November with James Mason as Star of the Month.

Wondering,  are there any specific films you have been missing?

Honored Contributor

I was just thinking the same thing. The History channel and TCM are what keep us from cutting the cord. I do not care for the thirties movies w/the ambiguous titles. Not sure what I would like to see. I do know I watch it less that before. And WE ARE NOT ABLE TO STREAM WAY OUT HERE.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking the same thing. I like late 30's - mid 60's, I guess. Anything after that is new to me. A lot of these I've never heard of. I like watching movies I'm familiar with.

Honored Contributor

I'm 1940s, all the way. I love everything about them!

Honored Contributor

Being a big fan of TCM, I have noticed some changes.  More contemporary films, i.e, from the past 30 years; more foreign films; more silent films.  

I find these changes to be positive giving a more diverse view of all the movies that have been made in the past 100 years.

I LOVE TCM and keep my present cable company mainly because of it.  

Respected Contributor
October is going to be a great month. TCM usually many horror movies during this month.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have thoroughly enjoyed this month, because I really enjoy Humphrey Bogart movies. It is nice when one of your favorite actors (actresses) is featured. TCM remains my favorite entertainment channel. I especially enjoyed "The Two Mrs. Carrolls" with Humphrey Bogart and Barbara Stanwyck.