Respected Contributor

Re: What do you think of Sibling actors/actresses or children of actor/actresses

Carrie Fisher, Joely Fisher, Todd Fisher

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you think of Sibling actors/actresses or children of actor/actresses

[ Edited ]

Liza Minnelli is unarguably a major star though I would bet being the daughter of Judy Garland and director Vincent Minnelli gave her a boost in the very beginning of her career. Her sister, Lorna Luft, also an actress, is the daughter of Judy and producer Sidney Luft. 

Another talented pair of actor siblings is Julia and Eric Roberts. Then came Eric Roberts' daughter, Julia's neice  Emma Roberts, who began her acting career as a child. 

Also, just thought of multi-talented Donald Glover, Jr.,  son of Donald, Sr. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Debbie Reynolds mother of Carrie Fisher mother of Billie Lourdes

Kirk Douglas father of Michael

The very talented John David Washington is Denzel’s son. I believe Denzel has other children who are actors as well.

Ben Stiller's parents are Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara.

Honored Contributor

Has the Bridges family been mentioned?  Jeff was always a great actor and Beau is actually my favorite.  He's so sweet and fun in comedies in recent years, as he aged.

Well, of course, there is their dad Lloyd may he RIP.

Respected Contributor

Tom Hanks-brother, Jim Hanks

sons, Colin & Chet Hanx

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Colin Hanks is the son of Tom Hanks and Jason Ritter is the son of John Ritter and the grandson of Tex Ritter (t.v. cowboy star in the 1950s).

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Been seeing  Johnnie Depp's daughter, Lilly Rose Depp  in two different  recent movies .I was not very impressed  with her acting . However , just wondering  how anyone else feels when they hear some sibling of a good actor/actress  goes into acting . Of course a good example is of the Barrymore family , John, Lionel, Ethel, Drew , along with the Redgrave family of Vanessa and Natasha Richardson.  Funny, I thought Brad Pitt and Michael Pitt were related as they  have similar facial features, but no they are not related . Any other examples  ?

@skatting44 

I just want to be sure I understand your question.  How do I "feel" about family members going into acting?  I think it's fine ... why wouldn't it be?    

Some families are filled with very artistic and creative personalities.  I don't see why they shouldn't be given the same consideration as any other actor.   

OTOH, People shouldn't assume a family connection gives them a hiring advantage.   The family connection may get them the interview, but if they aren't right for the part, it won't get them the job.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Been seeing  Johnnie Depp's daughter, Lilly Rose Depp  in two different  recent movies .I was not very impressed  with her acting . However , just wondering  how anyone else feels when they hear some sibling of a good actor/actress  goes into acting . Of course a good example is of the Barrymore family , John, Lionel, Ethel, Drew , along with the Redgrave family of Vanessa and Natasha Richardson.  Funny, I thought Brad Pitt and Michael Pitt were related as they  have similar facial features, but no they are not related . Any other examples  ?

@skatting44 

I just want to be sure I understand your question.  How do I "feel" about family members going into acting?  I think it's fine ... why wouldn't it be?    

Some families are filled with very artistic and creative personalities.  I don't see why they shouldn't be given the same consideration as any other actor.   

OTOH, People shouldn't assume a family connection gives them a hiring advantage.   The family connection may get them the interview, but if they aren't right for the part, it won't get them the job.  

@Tinkrbl44 I'd say if they aren't right for the part, it SHOULDN'T get them the job. . . 

Trusted Contributor

Keifer Sutherland son of Donald Sutherland - both great actors

Scott Caan son of James Caan - both great actors

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

That's what I just said.