Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of Sibling actors/actresses or children of actor/actresses

I like Jason Bateman and his sister Justine - both very talented

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of Sibling actors/actresses or children of actor/actresses

To add to the ones mentioned, Laura Dern, daughter of Bruce  Dern  and Diane Ladd.  

All of the actors and actesses in the posts and their children are talented.  I do not have a problem with them being in the acting profession as long as they have talent.  I realize having famous parents helps but your career will last only if you can act .

Respected Contributor

The Arquette family.......including Cliff, better known as Charlie Weaver.....David, Patricia, Roseanne, and others...and 2 via marriage, now divorce.......Courtney Cox & Nicolas Cage

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Aunt - Nephew relationship...Singer Rosemary Clooney & actor George Clooney

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@skatting44 

Sosie Bacon- just saw her (again) in Mare of Easttown.

Daughter of Kira Sedgwick and Kevin Bacon.

Kevin Bacon's Daughter Sosie is Following in Her Famous Parents' Footsteps

@lolakimono 

I had no idea who she was.  She was fabulous playing Carrie.  

@Bri369 

I first saw her when she guest starred in her mom's show- The Closer.

Kyra Sedgwick and Sosie Bacon, 'The Closer' - Famous Mother-Daughter Duos  Who Starred Together On-Screen - Zimbio

The Closer (2005)

Respected Contributor

We know that family members of those in the entertainment industry will be given a leg-up. It does seem a bit unfair, when there are so many very talented people who will never get a break. 

We see many of the young ladies of the famous becoming models, too, while equally beautiful (or more so) young women are constantly rejected by agencies that matter. I think it's a publicity draw at the fashion shows, to see celebrities children. It becomes an industry pay-off. 

Of course this happens in almost any field. It's far too often about who you know, not what you can do. This is what upsets so many, who feel they have no chance. Dreams are lost.

Trusted Contributor

I could care less.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Goldie has more children, this one with her long time love.  Wyatt Hawn Russell is also an actor.  Didn't Google him when I saw him in Falcon and Winter Soldier, but did when he showed up again in The Woman in the Window.

Maya Hawke (Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke) has been in a few high profile things, making waves in Stranger Things.

Not sure if I should include her, but Elizabeth Olsen's sisters are the Olsen twins (but I wouldn't really consider them an acting family.). Elizabeth is by far the best actress in the family!

Bryce Dallas Howard is Ron Howard's daughter.

Trusted Contributor

Gwenyth Paltrow, daughter of Bruce Paltrow and Blythe Danner

Will and Jada Smith's kids

the Barrymores

the Hemmingways

Talented families, all.

Trusted Contributor

Matthew Broderick son of James Broderick. Timothy Hutton son of Jim Hutton. Dakota Johnson, Michael Douglas, Jamie Lee Curtis...