Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you think of the "Young Sheldon" episode tonight (4-16-20)?

@BeccaLou  Missy and Georgie are also my favorites.  I think that the situation will be dealt with before the end of the season w ith MeeMaw having quite a bit to say to Dale.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@Macamania wrote:

I normally watch but wasn't able to tonight.  Can someone please tell me what happened?  Love this show and sorry I missed it!  

@Macamania 

SPOILER ALERT

Dale asked Memaw to marry him and she said no. He had left Georgie in charge of the store while he was away with her. Georgie forgot to close or lock the cash register and someone took all of the money - about $400. Georgie took his own money that he was saving for a car and gave it to Dale to make up for his mistake, but Dale fired him anyway.  Dale seemed to be taking everything out on poor Georgie. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Writer with Flair I also didn't like the ugly way Dale gritted his teeth at Georgie, I thought he was going to hit Georgie. How hateful he acted. And I yelled thank God Mee-maw didn't go and marry him.

Super Contributor

I wonder what will happen to Missy on the baseball team? Will he throw her off the team--now that he's mad at Meemaw? Hope not. The children are innocent in this situation. Meemaw is right--he's acting childish. 

Respected Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

I wonder what will happen to Missy on the baseball team? Will he throw her off the team--now that he's mad at Meemaw? Hope not. The children are innocent in this situation. Meemaw is right--he's acting childish. 

Ohhhh, I didn't even think about Missy being on his team!  If Dale continues being a jerk without apologizing, he'll probably "fire" Missy too.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Think back to late 80s, early 90s and how (in general) the grandpas acted. My dad died in '93 and my FIL is living now. The way Dale acted is the way my dad / FIL could have acted. This isn't everyone's experience but I'm thinking .... proud, defensive, controlling (Not retired because he's in charge at the store?), uncomfortable if women oppose them? My perspective -- the episode was realistic. Revealing about older males during that time period.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

OUTSTANDING as usual. poor georgie..

Respected Contributor

The season finale is next week.  I am interested in seeing the ending.  I thought Dale was harsh with Georgie.

Respected Contributor

I think the season finale episode will find Meemaw breaking up with Dale after his treatment of Georgie. I think she will renew the relationship with John.