Contributor

What are your "must see" on Netflix and / or Hulu?

Hello! 

I'm looking for some recomenndations on what to watch on Netflix and / or Hulu. I like most anything but documentaries, true crime & thrillers are favories. All suggestions welcome - always searching for something new. 

Contributor

Re: What are your "must see" on Netflix and / or Hulu?

Breaking Bad was our absolute favorite so far. Narcos and Mindhunter are excellent True crime series.  Right now we are watching The Crown which follows Queen Elizabeth's life beginning with the death of  her father and when she became Queen at a fairly young age. Mind of a Murderer also is a good true crime documentary, so is the Keepers but that one is sometimes tough to watch. You will never run out of things to watch, that is for sure

Contributor

forgot to mention that these are all on Netflix. we don't have Hulu

Honored Contributor

@ame1027  Hello-we liked Ozark on Neflix.  It is a Netflix show and the second season starts Aug. 30 (or31).  It's about money laundering for a cartel, witness protection, etc.  Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star.

HULU has some good originals-Harlots just finished another season.  It does have some soft XXX in it but basically deals with the treatment of women in the 1700's in England.

HULU also has Handmaid's Tale which also just finished up another season. 

Netlfix also had Longmire-a contemporary drama about a sheriff in Wyoming.  New cases just about every week.  It's fiction.  Also H*LL on Wheels-a fictionalized account of the building of the transcontinental railroad.  Both shows have ended recently but the full seasons are there.

Netflix has boku documentaries about foor-Food Inc., Cowspiracy, Forks over Knives, Rotten, and others.  Interesting take on the vegan lifestyle and the effects of the meat and dairy industry.

IF you are looking for some older TV shows, HULU has several like ER and St. Elsewhere.

There are quite a few British mystery shows-Midsomer, Prey, Broadchurch, Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch in a contemporary setting), Happy Valley, Shetland-many more.

For a good laugh try to catch Doc Martin on Netflix-another British dry humor comedy.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Death in Paradise

Offspring

The Doctor Blake Mysteries

Father Brown

Call the Midwife.

The Last Post

Esteemed Contributor

Do not really watch Netflix much but these were my last showed  viewed and thought they were  entertaining. 

Marching Orders -Documini series on Bethune Cook's famous marching band.  Too cute.

This was the band used in Drum Line .They have had commercials and have performed at the Super bowl. 

Comedians in Cars with Jerry Seinfield- very interesting take on comedians.

Any of the Jerry Seinfield Comedy specials - never a fan of his TV show but this was very different.

Sugar Rush - a cook show competition.

Frequent Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Do not really watch Netflix much but these were my last showed  viewed and thought they were  entertaining. 

Marching Orders -Documini series on Bethune Cook's famous marching band.  Too cute.

This was the band used in Drum Line .They have had commercials and have performed at the Super bowl. 

Comedians in Cars with Jerry Seinfield- very interesting take on comedians.

Any of the Jerry Seinfield Comedy specials - never a fan of his TV show but this was very different.

Sugar Rush - a cook show competition.

*gasp*  Marching Orders.  I came across that the other day.  What an absolutely endearing show.  I'm really enjoying it.

Nailed It (Netflix):  Campy, fun competition cooking show.  It can be an absolute hoot at times.

National Treasure - Kiri (Hulu):  British, 4 epi drama.  Sara Lancanshire is in it.  Great so far.

Last Tango in Halifax (Netflix, I believe):  3 seasons.  Again, starring Sara Lancanshier.  Really neat show about two older folks rekindling their relationship and all of their families' shenanigans.  I only wish it continued.  Great generational show.

As someone above said, Netflix has some really great documentaries.  Also, if you haven't seen Nurse Jackie, check it out on Netflix as well. 

I've a lot more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Honored Contributor

@ame1027  Also on HULU-  Castle Rock.  If you have read Stephen King you will see many references to many of his novels.  It's a little odd and airs every Wednesday.

Of course, Castle Rock is the setting for many of his novels.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

Can't remember - think it's Netfix - Kimmy Schmidtt and Grace and Frankie! Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have Hulu, but my "must see" shows on Netflix are Orange is the New Black and Grace and Frankie.