A River Runs Through It

Honored Contributor

Re: What are your favorite tearjerkers?

@bathina wrote:

Out of Africa

A River Runs Through It

@bathina 

Good ones!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I remember my mother taking me to see West Side Story when I was little.  We even had to take the L to a different part of Chicago to see it.

I still cry. Woman Sad

This is mine, also.   The soliloquy that Maria does at the end destroys me every time.   I've seen it so many times, first time at a theater for me also, and it has no less impact.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Out of Africa

A River Runs Through It

@bathina 

Good ones!

Ditto on yours! I look thru them saying 

Yup

Yup

Love that one

yes!

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I remember my mother taking me to see West Side Story when I was little.  We even had to take the L to a different part of Chicago to see it.

I still cry. Woman Sad

This is mine, also.   The soliloquy that Maria does at the end destroys me every time.   I've seen it so many times, first time at a theater for me also, and it has no less impact.

@chickenbutt 

Yup!

How do you feel about the remake?  I don't think I'll be able to watch it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I still cry. Woman Sad

@chickenbutt 

Yup!

You know, I don't think I will either.   The original was - it was it for me.   It was beautiful and tragic in every way.  It was performed so well.  I've always been a huge fan of Rita Moreno and I was a super fan of Natalie Wood.  All the men in the movie were spectacular, as well.  They did it and they did it brilliantly.    

I would sincerely rather they did NOT copy this work of art.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Longtime reader here, and I had to jump in on this one.

Most everything with animals reduces me to tears, whether it's a happy or sad film.

i was a tiny tot when my grandmother took me to see Bambi, and cried my eyes out.

Saw My Dog Skip alone, and the audience was filled wth adults.  We were all crying and we ladies met up in the restroom after the movie, smiling as we saw each other with our red, swollen eyes.

But the movie that had me literally hystercial was Hachi: A Dog's Tale.  It's a little known movie starring Richard Gere.  A must-see for dog lovers.

Also A Dog's Purpose.  

The theme music from Forrest Gump.

So many more.....

@Tessa Mendoza 

I understand completely.  I've been known to sob brokenly during dog food commercials.

I still can't watch Purina's Inside Every Good Dog is a Great Dog ad without falling apart.  Just kills me.

Honored Contributor

this property is condemned

brians song

steel magnolias

terms of endearment

dead poets society

(have not seen the other comments yet, but these are a guaranteed cry every single time i watch them.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I still cry. Woman Sad

@chickenbutt 

Yup!

You know, I don't think I will either.   The original was - it was it for me.   It was beautiful and tragic in every way.  It was performed so well.  I've always been a huge fan of Rita Moreno and I was a super fan of Natalie Wood.  All the men in the movie were spectacular, as well.  They did it and they did it brilliantly.    

I would sincerely rather they did NOT copy this work of art.

@chickenbutt 

Why are they doing this?