Esteemed Contributor

What are your favorite and least favorite.......

types of movies?  I am a mystery/suspense fan. I like the Jack Ryan series, almost any Denzel movie, Gone Girl and Girl on a Train. I like twists and turns.  I am picky about comedies, love Sister Act, Crazy Rich Asians and the oldie but goodie, Ruthless People. For just for goofy fun Jaws etc.

I don't/avoid watch westerns, period pieces, sappy love stories. No slasher anything, no knives, axes, swords, arrows etc.

What are your likes and dislikes?

Respected Contributor

Re: What are your favorite and least favorite.......

[ Edited ]

Favorites are Comedies with out bad language. Plus I like Romantic ones and watch alot of them on Hallmark and Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Dramas too.

Least Favorites are Scary, Horror, Violent, Bloody. They give me nightmares.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of horror or noir movies. Love musicals and any and all old Christmas movies.Pretty much a fan of anything late 1930's thru mid 1960's.

Esteemed Contributor

I love a good tear jerker like Steel Magnolias. I love comedies, suspense and a good legal movie. Haven’t seen any good movies lately though. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't like scary movies. The world is scary enough.

I hate anything with bathroom humor.

I love mysteries, clean comedies (hard to find), some old movies. I love animals but usually don't go for the movies about them because there is bound to be some element of sadness and loss. I don't watch movies to get depressed. 

I will watch Titanic and the Godfather movies as many times as they are rerun on channels where they cut out the filthy words. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Favorite: Political expose (i.e. "All the President's Men", "Primary Colors",  "Vice", "Nixon")

Least favorite:  Science Fiction

Esteemed Contributor

@godi   There are some good old legal ones if you can find them. Class Action with Gene Hackman.Runaway Jury, Primal Fear with Richard Gere.

I also like Jagged Edge with Glenn Close.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any particular favorite genre.  Anything with Bette Davis, Cary Grant, James Cagney and a few others would be on the list.  

Least favorite--those Friday the 13th type of moves; war movies; and anything too sentimental.

Valued Contributor

any movie with ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER and  STEVEN SEGAL..

Honored Contributor

I love a good ghost story, thrillers and mysteries, also old musicals like Calamity Jane, Oklahoma and the like.  I also enjoy bios if done with mostly accuracy, a well acted drama and period pieces.

My least favorites are mushy love stories, animal stories which always have sadness attached.  Westerns , war stories and any movie filled with violence and sex are not for me.