Trusted Contributor

What are they doing to The Bold & The Beautiful???

My mom and I are in agreement that the writers are really messing up B&B. The story lines we don't like are outnumbering those we do:

* Maya making a play for Rick

* Wyatt and Hope - EVERYTHING (their marriage, the house switcheroo, etc...)

* Liam and Wyatt - (Wyatt trying to take everything from Liam)

What do y'all think?

Valued Contributor

Re: What are they doing to The Bold & The Beautiful???

I posted on the Bold and Beautiful thread:

Wyatt just goes to his father and asks for Liam's house and Bill is going to give it to him and kick Liam out (I realize Bill owns it)?? Really?? Who does that??? He already has Hope. He has lots of money. Go get your own house!!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/11/2014 smileshannon said:

I posted on the Bold and Beautiful thread:

Wyatt just goes to his father and asks for Liam's house and Bill is going to give it to him and kick Liam out (I realize Bill owns it)?? Really?? Who does that??? He already has Hope. He has lots of money. Go get your own house!!

ITA!! They have plenty of money to get their own new house. But the show doesn't have money for the new set. Liam's house to me looks SMALLER than Wyatt's beach house.

Honored Contributor

I also just ranted on the B&B page! I agree with everyone here. I just stopped watching it. I can't stand what they've done to this show.

I also said that a lot of others must have stopped watching it too because I've never seen so many commercials for B&B and Y&R as I have lately.

I watch a lot of cable shows. They're even advertising these two soaps on other shows (cable). I will be watching Supernatural on TNT and up pops this flashy advertisement for these two shows (one after the other). Always the young people (Wyatt, Hope, Liam and now sometimes Ivy) and a mixture from Y&R but they are like Nick, Sharon the same one's.

I think they're doing this because they've lost so many viewers. They're trying to make it look exciting.

I am so sad. I think we are witnessing the death of our two soaps. They are dying a slow death but I am sorry to say the end is near. You watch.

And we all know who to blame. Ever since this head writer came on the scene (starting with the death of the little girl this show has fallen off of a cliff).

Trusted Contributor

On 9/11/2014 annabellethecat said:

I also just ranted on the B&B page! I agree with everyone here. I just stopped watching it. I can't stand what they've done to this show.

I also said that a lot of others must have stopped watching it too because I've never seen so many commercials for B&B and Y&R as I have lately.

I watch a lot of cable shows. They're even advertising these two soaps on other shows (cable). I will be watching Supernatural on TNT and up pops this flashy advertisement for these two shows (one after the other). Always the young people (Wyatt, Hope, Liam and now sometimes Ivy) and a mixture from Y&R but they are like Nick, Sharon the same one's.

I think they're doing this because they've lost so many viewers. They're trying to make it look exciting.

I am so sad. I think we are witnessing the death of our two soaps. They are dying a slow death but I am sorry to say the end is near. You watch.

And we all know who to blame. Ever since this head writer came on the scene (starting with the death of the little girl this show has fallen off of a cliff).

Hey annabelle - I agree with many of your points! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

I just read that Katherine Kelly Lang (who plays Brooke) is going to Italy for at least 2 months to be on their Dancing with the Stars. So I guess we'll be stuck with the focus being on these bad story lines while she's gone. She said they're going to explain her absence on the show as if she went to the Forrester International office in Milan for ""private time"".

Honored Contributor

They seem to like to make the few really nice ones into horrible scheming people. Hope was sweet and innocent and nice with her Hope for the future and now they have turned her into a self-centered b####. Wyatt was really nice when he first was on and now he gets more and more like his mother. Katie was sweet and a strong woman then they turned her into a power hungry woman and now into a woman with no real personality. While Bill was never a nice person, they are making him more and more wimpy and ridiculous!! The Ridge recast was just ridiculous also!! He suddenly learned to fly a helicopter in the short time he was in France and also became knowledgeable in poetry and his personality changed drastically from haughty spoiled rich to what it is he is now!! Maya was so sincere and the time for her to have fought for Rick is long past and now she is a scheming b####!! Carolyn went from sweet and nice to nasty scheming to sweet and nice.

Honored Contributor

Can you see the writers sitting around thinking.....tapping their fingers on the table......""I know....let's let Ridge fall from a helicopter. Let's have psycho Quinn push Ivy into the water"" and so on.........

This is stupid.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/12/2014 Pook said:

They seem to like to make the few really nice ones into horrible scheming people. Hope was sweet and innocent and nice with her Hope for the future and now they have turned her into a self-centered b####. Wyatt was really nice when he first was on and now he gets more and more like his mother. Katie was sweet and a strong woman then they turned her into a power hungry woman and now into a woman with no real personality. While Bill was never a nice person, they are making him more and more wimpy and ridiculous!! The Ridge recast was just ridiculous also!! He suddenly learned to fly a helicopter in the short time he was in France and also became knowledgeable in poetry and his personality changed drastically from haughty spoiled rich to what it is he is now!! Maya was so sincere and the time for her to have fought for Rick is long past and now she is a scheming b####!! Carolyn went from sweet and nice to nasty scheming to sweet and nice.

Excellent analysis! ITA!

Trusted Contributor

On 9/12/2014 annabellethecat said:

Can you see the writers sitting around thinking.....tapping their fingers on the table......"I know....let's let Ridge fall from a helicopter. Let's have psycho Quinn push Ivy into the water" and so on.........

This is stupid.

ITA, this IS stupid. It makes you wonder if they get high and then brainstorm on story lines. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}