Trusted Contributor

@HonestLife  "The Exocist". Saw it in 1973 and I'm still not over it. Woman LOL Scared the beejeesus out of me.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"Old Yeller".

@deepwaterdotter Ask anyone who saw this as a young kid how the movie ends and they will say "They SHOT the dog!" 

Honored Contributor

Carrie

The Sixth Sense

Trusted Contributor

Jeff Goldblum in The Fly.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

"Old Yeller".

I was just going to say Old Yeller.

I know there are others too but I can't remember their names, but this one I always will and wish I'd never seen it at all.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Exorcist with Linda Blair

Honored Contributor

Can't really mention names but any realistic war movies and any doomsday movies.  My SO and his daughter like those types but I am left feeling distraught and depressed for days after watching one of those kinds.  I want entertainment not mentally disturbing movies!!!

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

The Bad Seed a 1956 movie starring Patti McCormack.

She is really an extraordinary actress. I was amazed to learn how many roles she's filled since "Mama", which was actually her second or third role.

I think I saw the movie in a theater as a kid, but it must have creeped me out so much that I forgot how I felt about it.

Always loved HER, though.

Super Contributor

Imitation of Life

All Mine to Give

i sobbed uncontrollably at the end of each of these.  Don't think I could ever watch either movie again.

Honored Contributor

Jane Wyman in "Johnny Belinda" actually changed my perception of life to such an extent that I ultimately became a speech therapist/teacher of the deaf partially based on seeing it.

It was so shocking to me to see a portrayal of someone who was assaulted and couldn't vindicate herself that I finished my music certification and started a master's in Speech Therapy a couple years later.