Honored Contributor

Re: What a great way to start the Oscars!

@on the bay wrote:

@OKPrincess -

It is already on video on several sites so you can still watch it!

Just put in Adam Lambert singing at Oscars in search bar and you'll see several places you can watch.

I hope your brother will be okaySmiley Happy

@on the bay  Thank you, Ill check the videos. Can’t believe it was the first thing. I haven’t watched in years but wanted to see them. Can’t win them all.

My brother has several issues apparently but will know more tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The opening will apparently prove to be the highlight because the show itself sucks... Too many ads, too long and poorly articulated acceptance speeches and a lot of predictable verbiage... I turned it off after about half an hour... The winners list will prove to be predictable and I didn't really care enough to sit through it... 

@stevieb . Ok then, looks to me like they finally put a limit to speeches which is good. Not everyone can be as articulate as posters here. Hope you all don’t go to the movies or watch them on tv. 

Hope Bohemian Rhapsody wins.

@proudlyfromNJ  Just a thought... Watching movies at the movie theater or on TV is usually entertaining. That show SO was not... I'd be good with a Bohemian Rhapsody win too...

Woman Wink

@stevieb  Just saying that everyone complains about the oscars yet  they go to the movie and watch every show on tv. The oscars represent tv and the movies. I am not speaking of political things on the oscars.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The opening will apparently prove to be the highlight because the show itself sucks... Too many ads, too long and poorly articulated acceptance speeches and a lot of predictable verbiage... I turned it off after about half an hour... The winners list will prove to be predictable and I didn't really care enough to sit through it... 

@stevieb . Ok then, looks to me like they finally put a limit to speeches which is good. Not everyone can be as articulate as posters here. Hope you all don’t go to the movies or watch them on tv. 

Hope Bohemian Rhapsody wins.

@proudlyfromNJ  Just a thought... Watching movies at the movie theater or on TV is usually entertaining. That show SO was not... I'd be good with a Bohemian Rhapsody win too...

Woman Wink

@stevieb . Yes, I do agree. But the way a lot of people denigrate the oscars and stars and then go on to post about watching movies makes no sense to me. Yes, some hate Hollywood so if that is the case don’t go to the movies and don’t watch tv. They are both Hollywood . 

Not speaking of you @stevieb . Just other Hollywood posters haters.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ  One doesn't need to admire the plumber to love a steam shower or the builder to love a house. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  One doesn't need to admire the plumber to love a sream shower or the builder to love your

????

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I thought that movie should winSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  One doesn't need to admire the plumber to love a sream shower or the builder to love your

@occasionalrain Yeah whatever you say as usual. Congrats to these winners. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rami Malek was so deserving. As soon as I saw that movie I thought that's the best actor winner. And what an utterly charming sweet man he is. He was Freddie Mercury.

Anyone who can't love an Oscars ceremony in which Green Book wins for best picture, well I don't even know what to say. Poor Glenn Close, the Susan Lucci of the Oscars. Olivia Colman was so charming in her speech, I haven't seen The Favourite but I'd like to.

P.S. I can't imagine literally never posting a single positive thing here. Oh well...

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

ReI: What a great way to start the Oscars!

I'm disappointed that Black Panther didn't win that many awards. I thought it was fantastic.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I’m glad Green Book won.

Glad Spike Lee finally won a competitive Oscar. It’s about time, Academy!