Respected Contributor

What ‘Under the Dome’ season 4 could have been

Season 4 really look promising it could have continued as an evening SiFi Soap...  It sems they already had another script ready for those who knew what the rest of the world never expected...  We live among strangers...

Do you think a season 4 focusing on life outside of the dome could have been fun, or is the show ending at the right time? Share in the comments, and click here to get some other news when it comes to the finale. Also, you can sign up here to get some additional TV news on just about everything we cover at CarterMatt, sent in your direction via our official CarterMatt Newsletter. (Photo: CBS.) http://cartermatt.com/179048/what-under-the-dome-season-4-could-have-been/

Honored Contributor

Re: What ‘Under the Dome’ season 4 could have been

I really enjoyed this show at the start but thought as it progressed it kind of got lost and seem kind of all over the place and silly.  I nearly stopped watching it several times but didn't want to think I had wasted my time and not seen how it ended!  I am glad it is ending as I was tired of it.  DH bought me the book awhile back but I did not read it (it is a very large book).  Maybe I will read it sometime to see how different it is from the series.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

DO take the time to read the book, it's wonderful.  The series stuck to the book for the most part in the first season, then ending was completely different (in the first season) as if it was like the book, they couldn't have continued into additional seasons. I stopped watching it after season 1.  The book goes into so much more and so many different situations, it's really quite good.  Love Stephen King!

Trusted Contributor

And I loved the way the book ended...DH wouldn't let me tell him how the book ended till after the series was done..DW

Regular Contributor

I read the book before the series started (long, but excellent).  The tv show, right from the begining, was nothing like the book.  Half the characters were missing, the ones who were there had totally different personalities, etc.  And as the seasons wore on, the show had nothing at all in common with the book except that they were still under a dome.  I was very disappointed in the whole mess. 

For some reason I continued to watch, but this season was the worst.  I'm really glad it's being cancelled.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting Boot.  You have proven what most people say and think......the book is usually better.