Honored Contributor

Re: What Movie Part Makes You Smile?

@DancinQueen wrote:

@sunshine 919    LOVE Nathan Lane's performance in this movie....and I laugh at Hank Azaria's performance so much, too.

@DancinQueen  Agree with all you said. I never laugh at movies, but these Nathan Lane and Hank Azaria were hilarious.

Honored Contributor

I definitely agree with you @Puppy Lips !

In Major League at the end of the championship game, the underdogs win and are celebrating on the field. Jake turns and looks at the stands and sees his ex-girlfriend Lynn. She holds up her hand and  shows him there is no engagement ring on it. He goes and grabs her.

In Top Gun Maverick is sitting at the bar. He is now an instructor and his Top Gun hat is on the bar. He hears "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" come on the juke box. He turns and no one is there. He starts to leave, then Charlie comes around the corner.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Almost any dialogue in "My Cousin Vinny", but the one that pops into my mind is when Fred Guinn asks, "what are yoots?"  Never fails to make me chuckle. 

That is a funny scene.  That whole cast is great.  Fred Guinn always good Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@DancinQueen wrote:

@sunshine 919    LOVE Nathan Lane's performance in this movie....and I laugh at Hank Azaria's performance so much, too.

Omg, Hank Azaria's performance was great too.  Actually this is one of my favorite movies. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Great Answers!  Thank you sooo much, I'm smiling big time!

I have another, in"City Slickers"  Billy Crystal says to Curley "Hi Curley, kill anybody today?"  His answer is "Day isn't over yet!"  I/we love that movie!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

There are far too many to mention but a particular favorite in "Romancing The Stone" when Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas are digging for treasure in the jungle.

She looks at him and says "You are the best time that I have ever had."  To which he replies "Wow, I have never been anyone's best time."

The smile that they give each lets you know they are falling for each other in a big way.

Wow....I smiled BIG when I read your reply (thanks...I needed that) because that is me and DH's favorite movie and scene too.....our movie! And he's my best time ever too.