Respected Contributor

Re: What Movie Part Makes You Smile?

The kissing scene on the cruise ship stairs with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in "An Affair to Remember".  

Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom Love that scene, such a great movie.  Verdell Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

In Steel Magnolias, when the ladies are all at Truvey's beauty shop getting Shelby ready for the wedding.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

This is a good one!

I like the end of Steel Magnolias when the music plays and they are driving to the hospital (new baby).  I love that music and I have the CD of the movie.  First one I wanted to mention was the part in the movie "Hit her, knock her block off, Malynn".  That was such a shock and so funny in the movie.  You just gasp at that part!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since my favorite movie is "The Sound of Music", my favorite scene is the wedding when Maria walks down the isle and they show it from above and the music with it, "How do you solve a problem like Maria".  My close second is the very beginning when she is on the mountain singing.  

Respected Contributor

In "500 Days of Summer," that big production number with Tom dancing to "You Make My Dreams Come True."

Honored Contributor

Yesterday.
Beatles music always makes me happy!🎸🎶
Valued Contributor

silver Linings Playbook when Pat realizes it was Tiffany that wrote the letter.  The look on his face; and when he reads his letter to her (Tiffany) that he knew the minute he met her that he was in love. 

Helen852
Honored Contributor

mspat!

I agree about finding just one best scene in such a great movie as Moonstruck!  I picked that one out because I related it to my family on my father's side.  But like you, love many other scenes throughout.  I always laugh when Cher smacks Nicholas Cage in his apartment and tels him to SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!!

Like you, I can watch Moonstruck at any given time, whatever scene is on, it is one of the best .  I  also sing along with Dean Martin and That's Amore !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom  Fred Astaire sitting at the piano singing "The Way You Look Tonight" and Ginger comes out with her hair covered in shampoo because she is so enamored. No matter how hard I tried, I would never look that good in shampoo! Also, any time Fred and Ginger dance makes me smile.