Respected Contributor

What Movie Part Makes You Smile?

Mine is Hellen Hunt dancing around the bar with the waiter in "As Good As It Gets" with Jack Nickelson watching her.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Movie Part Makes You Smile?

Mine would be at the end of "The Holiday," when Cameron Diaz runs back into Kate Winslet's house to find Jude Law in tears, and Cameron says she will stay through New Year's.  I always imagine a sequel where Cameron moves to England to marry Jude, and Kate moves to LA to marry Jack Black.  And all live happily ever after .........

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips   In that same movie, I love when the four of them are in the tent in the girl's room.  The conversation is SO sweet and I think that is when Cameron fell in love with his children.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What an interesting question. Many movie moments come to mind but an internal joy for me was what Eric Liddell told his sis in Chariots of Fire. She wanted him to return to China and continue missionary work instead of participating in Olympics:

Eric Liddell: "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast. And when I run I feel his pleasure."

I was mid 20s when that line sunk into my being. Not that I took up running (smile) but it helped me realize others don't always know what's best for us. Also tried to remember this as my children grew up. 

Great memory -- thanks

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

The scene in Congo where the group of explorers and their native African employees are preparing to take the journey into the Congo. One of the lead actors starts singing the Beach Boys' "California Dreaming" and the entire group joins in. Everyone knows the song!

Beautiful scenery, lovely song.

Honored Contributor

The scene near the end of "Woman of the Year" where Katharine Hepburn is attempting to make waffles and coffee for Spencer Tracy.

Honored Contributor

The last scene in Moonstruck, one of my favorite movies, when the family is in the kitchen making a toast to La Famiglia !!!  I brings back good memories of my family!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My Best Friend's Wedding, when they are singing I Say A Little Prayer around the dinner table.  Also when he (Rupert Evert's character) is telling a tall tale about were he met Jules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-J4xYOxJ9w

Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

The last scene in Moonstruck, one of my favorite movies, when the family is in the kitchen making a toast to La Famiglia !!!  I brings back good memories of my family!!!!!!

@spiderw I'm with you on Moonstruck but I'm hard pressed to come up with a favorite part.  Cher's facial expression when she say "where's the ring to Ronny"  The part where they see each other at the Met, I can go on and on.  The casting was so great I enjoy it everytime I watch.

Respected Contributor

There are far too many to mention but a particular favorite in "Romancing The Stone" when Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas are digging for treasure in the jungle.

She looks at him and says "You are the best time that I have ever had."  To which he replies "Wow, I have never been anyone's best time."

The smile that they give each lets you know they are falling for each other in a big way.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF