Honored Contributor

Re: What Is With Me & TV Shows Lately?

I don't disagree.

I'm hanging in on Chicago PD, it's the best cop show on TV

can do without Med & their annoying cast & childish story lines.

Fire is OK when they are actually dealing with fires.

I'm waiting on Seal Team to return

I'm still hanging in with Manifest

I watch reality TV, like Smithsonian, not Bravo

Respected Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I watch very few shows anymore.  They start off good and then go down hill.  I don't know what the problem is.  My personal opinion is that they need better writers.  Aren't there any good writers anymore?

I've been reading a lot.

Yes. I think many of them have moved to paid channels, which is why most of the Emmy awards are going to HBO, Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu. With CBS All Access, I think CBS sends a lot of their innovative shows to the pay service and pumps out predictable things like NCIS shows on the free service.

I think people are going to get tired of this a la cart subscription service - I already have subscription fatigue - and someone is going to have to bundle things just like Cable did and then we'll be right back where we started.

Honored Contributor

The tv shows I actually want to watch has diminished steadily. Reality shows are just awful. No creativity or fresh concepts coming out of Hollywood anymore. The police shows are fine for a few episodes, then you realize you have seen the same plot before....just a couple of new faces. We actually look forward to Blue Bloods...character-based and well-written. Have tried the ones you have mentioned also but didn't like them well enough to watch a second episode. Sometimes Hallmark is the best option...and that isn't saying much sometimes!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Thinking you saved yourself some time and anguish deleting The Rookie before watching.  Lots of gratuitous violence, also didn't realize the break in the show was so long at 11 weeks, made it difficult to be invested in the storyline.  I'm right there with you too on the Chicago shows, the Med one has added even more annoying characters this year, that's another I've also stopped watching.  

Trusted Contributor

The only thing I watch with any regularity is the network news before dinner.  Occasionally I watch a documentary or follow a period play series on Brit Box while folding laundry, ironing or doing some other mindless chore.  Since I make it my business to avoid manual labor as much as possible, I don't watch TV much.  I'd rather read.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This winter I too have lost all interest in most shows.

I have found the Smithsonian Channel and I really like it.  I also watch the History Channel, Science Channel.  TCM, Hallmark Mystery Channel, the new Forsenic Files.  And I record most and watch in the evening.  During the day I watch the Q when they have something on that I am interested in.  I also record my cooking shows.  I also record and watch Joyce Meyers.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I'm generally good for one season of a show...two at the most, then I'm finished with it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I  watch PBS alot especially Sunday  night's. They just finish a Jane Austin story that  she wasn't able to finish. Someone wrote the ending.  They have  Antique Roadshow I enjoy also.

I  also love Seal Team 6. It has to be seriously the coolest show I've ever seen. The opening of this last season where it shows them jumping out of a transport plane hundreds of feet in the air at night and the next scene it shows the Ocean washing up to the beach and the Seal Team coming up out of the water. Holy cow,  it's good my hubby was sitting there I don't know what I would of done.

Honored Contributor

That's how it is with me.  After 2 or 3 seasons, I lose interest because with American TV, they just go round and round with the same storylines.  Same characters doing and saying the same things over and over and over again.  So, let them go.  I'm not the type to watch something for 9 years or 19 years.  That heavens for Netflix and Prime Video!  I 

Contributor

RLS...I hear ya!  I have lost interest in lots of shows that I watched for a season or two and then they just didn't interest me anymore.  I have discovered Netflix and Prime and really enjoy the British shows.  Of course I have to have the CC on cause they are a little hard to understand.