Esteemed Contributor

What Is With Me & TV Shows Lately?

Lately I have lost interest in a lot of shows I really liked.  The latest is the Rookie.

DH and I watched from the beginning and loved it.  I DVR'd the show the other night and yesterday I deleted it without watching. After the show being gone for what, 11 weeks, I realized I just didn't care.

I discovered the 3 Chicago shows last year and watched weekly. I gave up on Chicago Med, too many annoying people. Chicago Fire, I'm on the fence. Chicago PD, stopped watching.

SWAT, done. The Good Doctor, done.  9-1-1 Lone Star, lasted 2 episodes. Didn't like Rob Lowe (ps Rob, your hair isn't that great).

The pickings are getting thin. I need to renew my library card.  lol

Honored Contributor

Re: What Is With Me & TV Shows Lately?

This happens to me with new shows. At the beginning I love them, soon after I can't wait to get to the last episode ( Watchmen and The Outsider come to mind). One could say just don't watch anymore, I am the type once I'm in, I see it through to the bitter end.

Honored Contributor

About midway last year, I just gave up on Grey's Anatomy. I would get disgusted with it from time to time but would always go back, but finally I just didn't care. I also stopped watching Modern Family and This is Us, sometimes you're just over it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Not just you.

Find myself regularly going through my DVR "Series Record" and deleting shows.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Netflix😉
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2Nothing wrong with how you feel - at least from my point of view.

Lots of days I don't even turn my TV on until it's time for the evening news and I turn it off many days after the news and Jeopardy.  Even on the latter, I'm holding my breath, not knowing what will happen with the show another season. 

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same.  I call asleep 😴.  A good documentary I stay awake.  

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

About midway last year, I just gave up on Grey's Anatomy. I would get disgusted with it from time to time but would always go back, but finally I just didn't care. I also stopped watching Modern Family and This is Us, sometimes you're just over it.

I gave up after the plane crash years ago and it felt so good. I don't watch any Shonda Rhimes shows anymore. They get so over-the-top so fast and are so manipulative.

Now that it's off the air and there's a set endpoint, I may start watching Scanda, because I did hear it was good. I'm just done with any show that airs "WHO WILL DIE?" ads during sweeps weeks and finales. If you need to threaten to kill someone I care about to make me watch, you're weak, abusive, and I don't want to be in a relationship with you.

Respected Contributor

I watch very few shows anymore.  They start off good and then go down hill.  I don't know what the problem is.  My personal opinion is that they need better writers.  Aren't there any good writers anymore?

I've been reading a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I watch very few shows anymore.  They start off good and then go down hill.  I don't know what the problem is.  My personal opinion is that they need better writers.  Aren't there any good writers anymore?

I've been reading a lot.

You sound like my husband. He has turned off the TV and has been reading books. He has found a few authors that he likes and is reading their series of books.

He can't wait until spring so he can start hiking again.