Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Watch, If Anything, When You're Sick?

Last time I was sick, a "Leave It to Beaver" marathon happened to be on.  Took the edge off.  But, I do like the idea of warching a "Dark Shadows" marathon!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@straykatz wrote:

Hate to say this since we are on a shopping channel board...but when I'm feeling under the weather or having trouble sleeping I put on a shopping channel and within minutes am sound asleep....infomercials have the same effect on me too.   hehe

So true, I didn't even think of that.  The shopping channel blah blah blah bores me to tears.  But when I'm sick; I'll listen to it and when I can't sleep I'll get up and snuggle on the couch and watch until it puts me to sleep. 

This used to be true for me, until they hired so many shrieky, snorty, cackley, guffawing loudmouths who do it all right into the mic.  Can't count how many times I've been asleep and some shrieky-OMG-gurlFRIENDy-bwahaHA host has awakened me, even though I have QVC turned down considerably compared to other channels.

Good for BUYing though, right? Not for me. That kind of selling, and that kind of voice and "girlish shrieks & giggles" turns me so off I insta-change the channel any time it starts.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

If I'm well enough to get out of bed, then whatever is on the DVR. It's got around 60 hours of stuff recorded on it, so I'd start there. Or maybe a Law and Order marathon if one happened to be on.

Honored Contributor

Last time I was sick with a really odd virus that was going around, I watched a Bachelor/Bachelorette marathon on VHI for 2 days.  When I went to the pharmacy a few days later to get a prescription filled, I was mentioning to the pharmacist that I was just getting over this off virus and I had been off work for a few days.  She said she had the same thing (we were comparing symptoms) and then I said, I watched the Bachelor marathon on VHI and she said, me too!  LOL

That virus was a real butt kicker.  Every joint hurt and it completely zapped my energy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Daisy, thanks!